We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Village Cafe

19 Morshead Road | Crownhill, Plymouth PL6 5AD, England
Save
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Overview
  • Excellent21%
  • Very good27%
  • Average15%
  • Poor22%
  • Terrible15%
Travelers talk about
“salads” (2 reviews)
“side salad” (2 reviews)
Restaurant Hours
CUISINES
Cafe, Fast Food, British
PRICE
$
RATINGS
Service
Food
Value
Atmosphere
LOCATION
19 Morshead Road | Crownhill, Plymouth PL6 5AD, England
Write a Review
Reviews (70)
Traveler rating
Traveler type
Time of year
Language

1 - 10 of 70 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very disappointing. Half a chicken & chips for a snack. The chicken was so over cooked it made KFC look good.... yes, it's that bad. The chips were ok though. Slow service and abrupt staff doesn't make for a pleasant visit either.

Thank John R
Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

Super slow service, could go home heat my own oil up, peel my own spuds, fillet my fish and batter it, and then still cook it quicker than this plaice!!

Thank Plymuffer
Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

We had cod and chips .didn't have any large or small cod . Only regular. Got home the cod was warm and the chips was raw . Like eating spuds out of the ground . Within 2 hrs both me and my partner was being...More

Thank Ian L
Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

I recently visited with the Mrs and kids, there was hardly anything available off of the menu. What we did eventually manage to order took quite a long time to arrive, it was the greasiest plate of an attempt of a meal. We left, with...More

Thank Richard S
Reviewed January 1, 2017

Food boring. Fish and chips leave a fat layer in your mouth. Don't no what there cooked in but they used to be ok so guess they changed the recipe.

Thank sgreen01
Reviewed December 3, 2016

Great venue for the traditional fish and chips but the offer so so much more. The staff are great and always attentive!... super fast take away service too if you wish to eat out!

Thank Larry T
Reviewed October 16, 2016

A recently extensively refurbished and improved cafe/fish and chip shop. Great quality cod in a crispy batter and nice curry sauce too. Chips ok. Polite staff.

Thank EdUK1964
Reviewed September 28, 2016

Tried this chippy a few times now. Chippy is not a good description as it is a cafe as well. It is ultra clean and the food from the Fish & Chips to Chicken curry is not only good value but served in ultra clean...More

Thank Joe J
Reviewed September 19, 2016

They were really busy and I saw NO complaints forthcoming from customers......they always made the effort to help.....

Thank olwyn111
Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

This is the worst takeaway fish and chips I have ever tried to eat. It was over cooked rubbish and I put 90% of it in the bin and regretted putting the other 10% in my mouth.

Thank Barrie T
Nearby
Nearby Restaurants
Nibana
328 reviews
.04 miles away
The Tamar - Flaming Grill
200 reviews
.04 miles away
The Jack Rabbit Vintage Inn
649 reviews
.88 miles away
Plymouth Garden Centre Coffee Shop
53 reviews
.45 miles away
Nearby Attractions
Crownhill Fort
53 reviews
.28 miles away
Letterboxing
12 reviews
.58 miles away
Jollies Sweets
10 reviews
.04 miles away
Adrenalin Urban Activity Park
6 reviews
.78 miles away
Questions & Answers
Get quick answers from Village Cafe staff and past visitors.
Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page.
Posting guidelines
Submit
Improve this listing

Restaurant Details

Rating summary
  • Food
    Service
  • Value
    Atmosphere
Cuisine
Meals
Lunch, Dinner, Brunch
Restaurant features
Takeout, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Good for
Kids, Families with children
Location and Contact Information
  • Address: 19 Morshead Road | Crownhill, Plymouth PL6 5AD, England
  • Location: Europe  >  United Kingdom (UK)  >  England  >  Devon  >  Plymouth
  • E-mail
Description
Very busy suburban village cafe on prominent shopping street. Hot and cold food, many inside seats and a great local following. Useful to travellers coming or going on trips to Dartmoor. On street parking and a big public carpark to the rear. Has a Facebook entry (or two). Worthy of an entry. Competes with and complements the long listed Nibana Indian restaurant just a few doors along.
Is This Your TripAdvisor Listing?
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. Claim Your Listing