Dublin Car Rentals
Searching over 60,000 locations worldwide to find you the right car at the right price
Book with Confidence
Free cancellations on most bookings and no hidden charges or credit card fees
Review a rental car locationNEW
Share your opinion with other travelers
Rental car locations in Dublin
Dublin rental car information
|Average Rental Car Cost||Cheapest Rental Car Price||Most Popular Rental Type||Lowest Price Rental Company|
|$321||Volkswagen Polo ($30 per day)||Compact||Hertz ($30 per day)|
What to See in and around Dublin
If you wonder whether it’s worth it to rent a car while in Dublin, wonder no more. You’ll definitely want to escape the city to investigate some of the more remote attractions around Dublin. These forays will create lasting memories you and your family will treasure forever. Here’s what to see:
- Killiney Hill - You’ll drive here, park, then trek up to the top for the same view of Dublin Bay that Queen Victoria took in on her visit to the fair city in 1849.
- Powerscourt – Just half an hour south of Dublin, you’ll find Powerscourt, a magnificent day trip with a fine estate tour, manicured grounds, green hills, waterfalls and fantastic views.
- Phoenix Park – Phoenix Park is Dublin’s answer to New York’s Central Park. Drive there and visit the Dublin Zoo, get in a game of tennis or just stroll around the 1,700 acres and take in the scenery.
Where to Get Car Rentals in Dublin
There are two places where you can rent a car in Dublin. One is the Dublin airport and one is in Dublin City Centre. In Dublin, car rentals are called car hire, so if you opt to rent from Dublin city centre, look for a sign that says Dublin car hire.
- At the airport - All car hires listed are in both terminal 1 and terminal 2 unless noted. Choose from Dooley Car Rentals, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Avis, Hertz, Sixt (Terminal 1 only)
- At City Centre - Multiple companies have Dublin car hire within the city centre. The most convenient ones are Europcar, Atlas and Dooley, all within a few blocks of Pearse Station.
Restrictions on Dublin Car Hire
The principal driver of the Dublin car rental must be at least 21 years old, with no license restrictions. The driver’s license must have been active for at least two years prior if the driver is under 25 years old. For drivers over 25, the license must have been active for at least 12 months.
Car hires of luxury vehicles, minivans or minibuses require a principal driver of at least 25 years of age. Drivers over 70 years of age cannot rent these vehicles at all.
How to Pay For a Dublin Car Hire
Only the principal driver can pay for the Dublin car hire and it must be with a credit card.
What to Know
In Dublin, you drive on the left hand side of the road.
The steering wheel is on the right side of the vehicle.
Roundabouts are very common in Dublin and all of Ireland.
Pedestrians and bicyclists are everywhere!