Tenerife Hotelsand Places to Stay
- Best ValueProperties ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data, including traveler ratings, confirmed availability from our partners, prices, booking popularity and location, as well as personal user preferences and recently viewed hotels.
- Traveler RankedHighest rated hotels on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
- Distance to city centerSee properties located closest to the center first with confirmed availability for your dates from our partners
Tenerife Hotels Information
Hotels in Tenerife
Hotels Prices From
Travel high season
|Dec - Feb|
Travel low season
|Mar - May|
High season avg price
Low season avg price
Tenerife’s blissfully mild weather makes the largest of the Canary Islands a magnet for travelers escaping dreary winters. It offers perfect conditions for most outdoor activities. But set realistic expectations—for the most part, it’s still too cool for sunbathing. January in particular stands out as a dry and spectacularly sunny month.
Winter is one of the two busy tourist seasons in Tenerife, so be sure to book ahead, especially if you have your heart set on a particular hotel.
Held every February, Tenerife’s Carnival is considered one of the world’s best. These 15 days of parades, dancing in the street, elaborate costumes, and flamboyant displays draw party people from around the world. The island books up well in advance, so reserve your hotel early.
Winter is full of fun festivals and celebrations, all which offer a distinct Canary-Islands flair. Christmas celebrations include open-air concerts, while street parties usher in the new year.
Tenerife’s springtime temperatures start out mild and warm up as the season progresses, so if beach days are a top priority, time your visit for late spring. Since most tourists flock to the Canaries in winter and summer, spring gives a great opportunity to enjoy the best of Tenerife without the crowds and higher prices.
Though most of spring offers better overall hotel availability and prices, rates do tend to spike around Easter, but then they drop back down.
Summer brings the year’s warmest weather, along with the crowds to match—all headed to the beach. The southern parts of the island tend to be a bit hotter than destinations in the north. And the entire island can be impacted by the Calima, a hot, dusty wind that originates in the nearby Sahara Desert.
Tenerife’s waters are at their warmest in the summer and early fall. Don’t miss the chance to kayak, surf, jet ski, or snorkel in the sparkling waves.
Take long walks through Tenerife’s wooded interior and along its coastal paths in early summer, when the weather is warm (but not yet too hot).
On August 15, join thousands of locals making the pilgrimage to the town of Candelaria for the festival honoring the Virgin of Candelaria.
With average daytime temperatures rivaling those of July and August, September and October might as well be considered an extension of the summer. But fall beachgoers can enjoy a more relaxed vibe. It’s slightly cooler in November, but it’s still T-shirt weather.
Reasonable prices and easier booking are the norm in autumn. The only exception is in October, when families often take advantage of school holidays to head to the island, bumping up prices and driving down vacancies.
Ocean temperatures are still warm as late as November, meaning it’s possible to swim through late fall.
Hotels near the sights
- ARTlandyaIcod de Los Vinos is known for the "thousand year old dragon tree", but not far from the city center, in Santa Bárbara, a district of Icod de los Vinos, you will find ARTlandya in the quiet, rural ambience . The finca is a great destination, because here is waiting ++ A museum for contemporary DOLL ART at the highest international level! A world of experience with artist DOLLS and ++ An exhibition of TEDDYs , a world for children and adults! ++ Fascinating glass from your own GlasSTUDIO ++ A museum SHOP with artist DOLLS and TEDDY bears but also inexpensive dolls or teddies for children. We have supplemented the offer with high-quality handicrafts and GLASS art from our own atelier. ++ With a stroll through the tropical garden with palm trees, citrus trees, flowers you can end your visit on the terrace of the MuseumsBAR in the garden with a cup of coffee and cake or a glass of local wine . A fascinating world in a tropical park and old, renovated Canarian houses.Read more
- Finca Canarias Aloe VeraFinca Canarias Aloe Vera has opened one of its newest farms in Tenerife, located at the foot of the Guimar hill, in the east of the island. With an area of 11,000 square meters, the farm has 7,000 Aloe Vera plants that grow ecologically. The area offers a quaint and characteristic landscape and spectacular views of the island.Read more
- Finca Las Margaritas Banana ExperienceThis self guided tour has been designed to help you observe and understand the cultural, economical, agricultural value of this part of southern Tenerife enjoy the landscape the coast of Las Galletas, the banana plantations and volcanoes. During the tour you will find numbered signa so you can chose to pause stop and read the contents in a folder in your chosen language.Read more
- TagananaRead more
- Tenerife Horse RescueTenerife Horse Rescue & Sustainable Animal Sanctuary is a fully registered NGO charity, run by volunteers and donations. We invite you into our home, and the home of over 500 rescued animals. We have a huge animal family, including equines, farm animals, cats, dogs and more! Come for a guided tour through our Finca where you can; - Get the opportunity to interact with our animals in their free & happy homes. - See how we run our ever-growing sustainable off-grid animal sanctuary. - See our sustainable volunteer-built projects in action - including our freegan diets and building from the bins! - Wander through our miniature oasis up the desert and see how we grow with only waste-water. - See how we keep our volunteers clean with only horse poop-powered showers and bike-powered washing machine. - Don’t forget to stop at our charity shop and grab yourself a bargain on your way out! Everything we do here is for the animals and the environment, help us make a differenceRead more
- Parque Garcia SanabriaRead more
- Puerto Street ArtRead more
- Some of the most popular pet-friendly hotels in Tenerife are Red Level at Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora - Adults only, Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden, and HD Parque Cristobal Tenerife. See the full list: Pet Friendly Hotels in Tenerife.
- Iberostar Grand El Mirador, Iberostar Grand Salome, and Red Level at Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora - Adults only have a spa and received excellent reviews from travelers in Tenerife. See the full list: Tenerife Spa Resorts.
- Royal Hideaway Corales Suites, Hotel Suite Villa Maria, and Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden all received great reviews from families traveling in Tenerife. See the full list: Tenerife Family Hotels.