We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
If you're looking for a bungalow retreat, look elsewhere. If you're looking for an affordable campy bungalow shack with great tours of Khao Yai Park and amazing food, go here!
The full-day tour was great! Our group was small (only 8 people) and our tour...More
I didn't stay at the guesthouse itself but I had the pleasure of seeing wild elephants, great hornbills, monkeys, a gibbon, a crocodile, a monitor lizard, a scorpion, two vipers and a squirrel in the national park. I would have missed every single one of...More
We booked a full day tour of the khao yai national Park and it was incredible. I would highly recommend this tour. The guides are very knowledgeable and friendly. If you stay in the centre of pak chong they offer a pick up and drop...More
Stayed there for the Khao Yai tour, and we were kindly picked up from Pak Chong bus station. The rooms are nice, with huge double beds and large ensuites, and they’re quite cool in the night with the fan on. The tour was really fantastic,...More
Just back from Thailand, where we booked one and half day trekking with Greenleaf. Guides are super friendly and really knowledgeable. We saw many spider, snakes, bats, milli & centipods, monkeys, gibbons, birds, scorpions and even elephants. They really know their job and our kids...More
1) we took the 8:30ish a.m. train from Ayuthaya to Pakchong and it took about 2 hours, this I can confirm. There's different types of train, from faster to very slow. I got the timetable. I'll try to send it to... More
1) we took the 8:30ish a.m. train from Ayuthaya to Pakchong and it took about 2 hours, this I can confirm. There's different types of train, from faster to very slow. I got the timetable. I'll try to send it to you.
2) if you don't want to miss the afternoon tour, you should arrive at Packchong by 1p.m. That's what the hotel suggested to us. There will be someone waiting for you for sure.
3) the aircon rooms at the back were 1,000 baths I think in December 2015. We were not staying there, but a French couple showed us. The rooms are bigger and look more comfy than the basic one at 300 baths. Not sure I'd call them "luxurious" though. Remember that the Greenleaf is a backpacker hotel.
4) The advantage of this hotel is that they are VERY WELL organized. The guides got the eyes to find all kind of animals. With luck, you might see elephants like we did. They seem to go in places where nobody else is going, even when the park is full with people.
5) Night tour from 3 p.m. to 8p.m more of less; day tour from 9a.m. to 5 or 6p.m. If you ask them you'll have a better idea.
6) going back to the train station after the day tour shouldn't be a problem. They surely had the same request before.
7) Enjoy the food there. It's good.
Hope that helps