I stayed here while on a business trip. Considering the location (Weifang) the Richmond Grand is a decent hotel. I do plan on checking out a couple of the other hotels for comparison on my next trip out here.
Things to note...
1. Though friendly and attentive, English speaking staff will be difficult
2. Rooms are clean / decor is not modern though
3. CNN is the only English channel on TV
4. Breakfast has a lot of traditional Chinese though you will find an omelette station. The coffee is terrible.
5. Room Service menu is heavy Chinese. There are a few western (mostly Pasta) dishes
6. Temperature in the hotel might be hit or miss. I had a very comfortable room. My colleague had a room that was too hot.
I think if you are a native Chinese speaker and don't mind Chinese food, this is a great hotel. I would prefer more Western amenities. However, given the location and the relative availability of English speakers and Western... More