Wish I had seen the warning on trip advisor before I had booked this dump. Supposedly people with an investment in this property increased the positive reviews. I can say that is totally believable. I booked through Hotwire and will be contacting them. Ok so it’s a 2 and a half star place. Not expecting grandeur. I remember this place from my years living in Omaha. I haven’t been back in since I left in the 80’s so I don’t remember areas just by location. It used to be a not so good area and it still looks rather depressed. It’s not near the old market,not near any attractions but just on the outskirts of downtown. Close to Creighton University and the art museum. So we walk in and I can see the look that they are going for. Sort of modern and co with plastic plexiglass…
Dirty, holes in walls, non smoking room smelled like smoke. I tried to call the front desk but there was no answer. The attendant told me her phone didn’t work. There was a man sitting/sleeping on bench outside for hours. If you’re just looking for a mattress to sleep on that is only a few years past it’s good use... this place will do
Customer service is really important at a hotel, and they definitely don't have that going on at the 402 Hotel. Throughout the whole check-in process, I had to listen to the two front desk attendants complaining about their co-workers. They moved our room right next to the supply closet, so at all hours of the night, we could hear staff outside our room talking. The room itself was okay. I wouldn't stay here again unless I had no other choice.
I found three bed bugs in my room on the third floor of this hotel!!! Two adults and one baby, therefore bed bugs have been infesting this hotel for several weeks. I put them in a cup, went down to the receptionist and told them about the issue. He agreed it was bed bugs, issued us a full refund and gave us black trash bags for our things. I suffered multiple bites from these bugs, as well as the stress of having to leave the hotel immediately. You're welcome to take the risk of staying there, but be careful.
I cannot believe this hotel was redone only two years ago. There is clearly no maintenance staff, no housekeeping, the security door latch was broken, as was the outer window pains. The carpet had not been vacuumed, the room smelled of smoke, the sheets were thread bare and we discovered after we checked out that we'd been eaten alive by bed bugs. (Bed bug welts and allergic reactions occur later in the day after being bitten.). I turned the 402 into the Douglas County Health Department.