Friendly, elegant 3 star hotel located near State House Nairobi. Within the vicinity are many hotels, The Nairobi Hospital, lively bars, Yaya Centre, Prestige Mall, Hurlingham and various embassies.The City Centre and Kenyatta International Convention Centre(KICC) are only 2km away.
24 hour reception, 24 hour restaurant and room service, heated outdoor swimming pool, free wifi, conference halls, laundry facilities and free self parking.
Room and Apartments
All rooms and apartments are ensuite with free wifi, wired data and flat screen TVs.
• Standard rooms - Includes singles, doubles, triples and quadruples.
• Family rooms - We have one unit with two rooms internally and another unit with three rooms internally.
• Superior rooms - Have complimentary tea/coffee stations and mini-bars replenished on a daily basis. Selection of singles and doubles rooms only.
• Apartments - We have a selection of studio and one bedroom apartments with air conditioning. Studio apartments are 45m2 and one bedroom apartments are 55m2. The kitchens are equipped with refrigerators, electric top cookers, microwaves, toasters, kettles and crockery.
• Penthouse - Includes fully equipped kitchen, living room and dining area. The penthouse has five bedrooms which are all ensuite and is approximately 200m2 with splendid views.
• Standard rooms
• Family rooms
• Superior rooms
• Studio and One bedroom Apartments
• 24hr front desk
• Ikulu Lounge Bar
• 24 hour Mini bar for hotel residents only
• Tours assistance at the Front Desk
• Free WiFi
• Designated smoking area
• Laundry services
• Breakfast available (surcharge)
• 24hr Sokoni Restaurant & Room service
Family Friendly Amenities
• Two and Three roomed family rooms and five bedroomed penthouse
• Fully equipped kitchens in studios, one bedroom apartments and the penthouse
• Free WiFi
• Outdoor Heated swimming pool
• Trampoline for children
• Private Bathrooms
• Free WiFi
• 24hr Room service
• Free Toiletries
• Daily Housekeeping
• Desk and Worktop
• Free drinking water
• Mini bar (superior rooms)
• Coffee/Tea Stations (superior rooms)
Where to Eat 24 hours
Sokoni Restaurant – This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and is open 24 hours of the day, as well as providing a la carte menu option.
An elegant lounge bar for a sophisticated mix of urban elite and visitors.
Parking : Free self parking
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include:
• An outdoor heated swimming pool and Trampoline for children
Near the Hotel
• Golfing nearby
• Nature walk at the Nairobi Arboretum
• National Museums of Kenya
• City Centre 2km away
• Relax at Uhuru Park
If you have requests for specific needs, please inform our reception upon check-in when you arrive.
• Accessible bathroom
• In-room accessibility
The staff here could not have been more helpful. The rooms were well equipped and they let me check in at 07.00, hours before normal. They have a restaraunt on site, which I used many times. They also opened up at 05.00 so that I could have some cereal before I took my early flight to London. It is also walking distance from the city centre and the viewing point.
I stayed here a few nights. It's in a central location, reliable wifi and good variety of food for meals. Special thanks to the staff who noticed my airport transfer was late and took the initiative to contact them for me.
I've travelled to 30 countries around the world, many of them in developing countries and this is by far the worst experience I've had. I stayed there for my first night of an Intrepid Tour and was extremely disappointed. The room smelt of smoke from a fire burning in the slum next door, the bathroom was very dirty, the window next to the front entrance wouldn't lock. I asked 3 staff to have it fixed but no one ever came. There is a electrical circuit breaker right next to the shower head which didn't seem very safe. There are no fans and the room got quite warm. You can't leave the window open due to all the noise from the slum next door and from the sound music from the bar. Food from the restaurant is average at best and a simple lamp burger took over 1hr and 20 minutes to arrive despite there only being myself and 2 other people in the restaurant at the time. The staff are lovely but that's about the only thing this place has going for it.…
I stayed here for one night after my Intrepid tour. Pros: - bed comfortable, big room, hot shower Cons: - tv lost its signal often - I found that the food was average at restaurant for dinner (pizza had no flavor) - wi-fi sometimes worked well, but not reliable - I asked at reception for hairdrier, there was none - I asked for toilet paper since there was hardly any left in the room. They said they would send someone up but the person never showed up - I booked a transfer to the airport for the following morning. The transfer was on time; however, for the price I paid (25$ USD), I would have expected a better service. The driver had its music running loudly in the car, window rolled down even though it was cold, and made a stop at a gas station on the way to the airport. He should have thought to refuel before taking me. In conclusion, this hotel was ok for one night but I don't think I would stay there again.…
We stayed here for one night before joining a safari trip. It is a basic hotel with friendly staff. I did ask for an iron 3 times and never got one. The shower curtain was much too short and the bathroom floor was covered with water. Breakfast was sufficient with fresh omlettes made to order. For a one night budget stay, it's okay.