We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Positives: surprisingly good food and breakfast, comfortable bed, gorgeous pool area, ocean view, perfect temperature inside, clean room
Negatives: wi-fi is super slow and unreliable (disconnecting often) making it difficult to stay there on business trips, no smiling at checkin and checkout, service at the...More
Situated downtown Dakar. The location is good and secure. A back door will take you to the sea side where you can have a nice view. Food is good.
The room was a bit noisy, since any single movement from the connecting room would disturb.
Well overdue review...Perfectly situated in the center of Dakar and in close proximity to most business HQs. Novotel has always been our choice when staying in Dakar but after returning this time we had to review it.
We always stay in the sea view rooms...More
Very well located, spacious rooms, nice swimming pool, good food. I stayed here during 1 week and I especially appreciated the service, people are so kind all the time and everywhere ( reception desk, restaurant, outside bar, housekeepers...)! I also had the chance to attend...More
Thank Aurelie C
Management response:Responded June 16, 2017
We thank you for choosing Novotel Dakar for your stay. It is a plaisir to read your comment regarding the hotel and we hope to receive you again in a close future.
We stayed in this hotel for a very short time and found it basic but practical. The room was ok, air-conditioned with WiFi and found also a good restaurant in the hotel where to eat. The breakfast was more than enough for our needs.
Management response:Responded June 10, 2017
Hello Dear Richard,
We thank you for taking time to write us following to your stay at Novotel.
We are going to share your satisfaction with all the staff and we hope to receive you again in a close future.
$78 - $212 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Star rating provided by Accor.
#5 Luxury Hotel in Dakar
Non-Smoking Rooms ,
Accessible rooms ,
Number of rooms
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Dakar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination... More
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination against yellow fever.
2. About prices: July–late September is humid season, hotels reduce prices up to 40%. I visited Sen on late December. Excellent. That's hardto understand what You are looking for. I honestly recommend hotel Ibis, it is side to side with Novotel. Price is lower, the personal is more friendly, but You can use also services of Novotel, pool is common.
3. About fligts – there are very many possibilities, look internet. I like Turkish Airlines.
4. I guess – 1 day in Dakar for city tour is enough, 1 day for Goree Island, 2 days for Saloum delta national park, 3 days for Sant Louis, 1 day in Dakar at the pool before fligt. You will be happy!!!
5. Senegal isn't a cheap country for tubabs! But – there I'd met the most friendly people in Africa! Learn some words on Woloff and always be kind. Good luck!
As l am not a smoker myself,I am not really sure about whether you can smoke in any room.If l am not mistaken they usually ask you upon booking whether you want a smoking or non smoking room.I hope this helps.