We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
After several stays in Novotel Dakar for work, I would recommend it. Much better than the Ibis nearby... The rooms were cozy and quite clean. And if you can get a room with sea view, go for it :) . The staff was friendly, speaking...More
Very welcoming place with friendly staff and make sure to attend one of their live shows with very talented local artists like Kya Loum or Obree Daman during the week ❤️🎶 the rooms are clean and cozy. I suggest the rooms with a view on...More
The hotel is located in the CBD at a dead end from the main road passing nearby with a Super Market (only the best part as you could buy some stuff) nearby. There is a beach nearby, but one has to cross a road to...More
I liked it, it was very good, clean, very good breakfast, very helpful staff speaks English and French and great view, my only complain was the sound of music it was loud and has to go on until 9:30 every dayMore
Thank Sara A
Response from Management_Direction, Directeur général at Novotel DakarResponded yesterday
We thank you for taking time to write us following To your stay at novotel.
It is a pleasure to read your comment about the staff, . Be sure that we take notice about the sound of music and we will take the...More
Very nice hotel with spacious rooms, situated in a nice neighbourhood of Dakar. The staff is friendly and professional. The bathroom facilities are a functional and modern. The restaurant outside with life music was very pleasant. The breakfast is also very good.
Thank Jorge R
Response from Management_Direction, Public Relations Manager at Novotel DakarResponded 2 weeks ago
Hello Dear Jorge,
We thank you for taking time To write us. It is a great pleasure To read your comments regarding the staff, room facilities and restaurant with live music.
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination... More
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination against yellow fever.
2. About prices: July–late September is humid season, hotels reduce prices up to 40%. I visited Sen on late December. Excellent. That's hardto understand what You are looking for. I honestly recommend hotel Ibis, it is side to side with Novotel. Price is lower, the personal is more friendly, but You can use also services of Novotel, pool is common.
3. About fligts – there are very many possibilities, look internet. I like Turkish Airlines.
4. I guess – 1 day in Dakar for city tour is enough, 1 day for Goree Island, 2 days for Saloum delta national park, 3 days for Sant Louis, 1 day in Dakar at the pool before fligt. You will be happy!!!
5. Senegal isn't a cheap country for tubabs! But – there I'd met the most friendly people in Africa! Learn some words on Woloff and always be kind. Good luck!
As l am not a smoker myself,I am not really sure about whether you can smoke in any room.If l am not mistaken they usually ask you upon booking whether you want a smoking or non smoking room.I hope this helps.
Are you sure you want to delete this answer?
"There is IBIS hotel attached to Novotel; please check IBIS, may be smaller rooms but could be clean. Take..."