We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly. We support the following browsers:
If you want the nature experience in Costa Rica...look no further. Nico has made it happen with some help from others, of course, but she is the radiant light that makes Ojo del Mar an oasis on the Osa .
My wife and I spent...More
The Ojo del Mar is an absolutely lovely getaway --it's grounds are especially spectacular: it's lush and green with many beautiful exotic plants. It also has a great communal feel with a wonderful open concept kitchen/dining room where guests mingle over ridiculously delicious meals. Wouldn't...More
We stayed at Ojo del Mar for the first time in 2010. We knew we had to go back there, we never stopped thinking about the uniqueness and beauty of this place.
So we went back in Jan 2012. Again, it was an amazing experience!...More
We only had one night in Ojo, so it is maybe unfair to write a review but it is a positive review.
The location is great - right beside a beautiful beach and with surf spots nearby, also right beside the only bar and restaurant...More
We love to travel green and stay in small organic settings. This is by far my favorite. Everything was wonderful. The cabanas are very private and precious, the food was great, loved the group dinners every night, yoga was a bonus, lots of monkeys passing...More
We are considering staying here the end of January next year. I have a few questions:
1. There is a retreat happening the week that we are going...will it be awkward to be there and not be a part of the retreat?
2. How far is the hotel from the beach?
3. Is there a small town or other interesting area nearby to visit that we can walk to?
4. Is it possible to rent ATV or arrange other excursions from your location?
December 7, 2016|
AnswerHide all answers
Are you sure you want to delete this question?
Response from Brian T | Reviewed this property |
1. We weren't there during a retreat, but there is plenty of privacy if you need that. One of our favorite parts of the stay were the dinners. It was particularly amazing because everyone staying there gathered and shared... More
1. We weren't there during a retreat, but there is plenty of privacy if you need that. One of our favorite parts of the stay were the dinners. It was particularly amazing because everyone staying there gathered and shared stories/suggestions. We met some truly amazing people and I'm sure the retreat would be the same.
2. the land ends at the beach. Some of the rooms are a short walk. At the most, 1 minute. It's literally right there.
3, There are a ton of interesting areas near by. There isn't really a town, but that's what makes it so enticing. There is one restaurant in town. It's a few hundred yards from Ojo Del Mar.
4. There are plenty of excursions close by. Hiking, climbing, horseback riding etc. Not sure on the ATVs, but I would bet you could rent some close.
Hope this helps!