We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
This is a magical place! I can't say enough good things about it.
When you check in, you're given a personalized scroll with your room and castle information. Our family of 5 stayed in the Bridal Suite. It had 2 beds on the 1st floor,...More
Uniquely beautiful castle, greatly restored, well-run hotel and restaurant, spectacular views, great garden accessible to hotel guests, wonderfully decorated rooms, great hikes in the area, good wines, nice hikes.
I loved everything about my stay. The castle and grounds are grand and well looked after. An amazing atmosphere. The dinner was excellent and oh what great views. Breakfast felt special in the gorgeous dining area The rooms were lovely with lots of small touches....More
We stayed in room 33 for two nights. Our beautiful room literally wrapped around a courtyard. There is no shortage of nooks, crannies, and secret places to be discovered within the castle. The gardens meander through flower filled paths that lead to a tree house,...More
Words cannot adequately describe this magnificent castle! We stayed in the Barbarossa suit and it featured a large 4 poster bed and second room upstairs with a large claw footed tub in the bathroom. A chilled bottle of champagne awaiting us as we arrived. The...More
TripAdvisor gives a Certificate of Excellence to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers.
Things to do
$187 - $366 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Non-Smoking Rooms ,
Number of rooms
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Castle Hotel Auf Schoenburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Response from Sixonthego_50 | Reviewed this property |
They had carts for transporting luggage. They were basically golf carts. They seemed glad to transport you. Then get a room on the first floor and you should be good. A lot of the charm of the castle are the gardens... More
They had carts for transporting luggage. They were basically golf carts. They seemed glad to transport you. Then get a room on the first floor and you should be good. A lot of the charm of the castle are the gardens that would not be good for someone with limited mobility. Many of the rooms and restaurants with great views would be easily accessible. I hope this helps. The hotel went out of their way to make sure to accommodate us. I am sure they would help your father. It is a once in a lifetime place.
1. There are safes in everyroom. Some are hidden behind mirrors or tapestries. It depends on the room you have booked. Each room is different in style. Simply check-in and when you are shown to your room the representative... More
1. There are safes in everyroom. Some are hidden behind mirrors or tapestries. It depends on the room you have booked. Each room is different in style. Simply check-in and when you are shown to your room the representative of Auf Schönburg will give you a small tour of your amenities, including the safe. Yes, to the laptop compatable question -although do to the structure of a castle...Wi-fi can be an issue in some rooms.# walls. However, contact the hotel directly with the laptop question and they will provide you with a answer and solution to you're concern.
2. Frankfurt A. Main. and Burg Eltz are at least an hour or more from Hotel Auf Schönburg, with a car. The region of the Middle Rhein is very rustic. There is of course modern amenities such as trains. Please mind, that they do take time. If perhaps you rented a car in Frankfurt A. Main. Driving to Auf Schönburg, then partake with a cruise to the Lorelei and then drive to Brug Eltz ( which is located in the region of the Mosel river and not the Rhein) then I believe you can satisfy you're desired intinery with conjunction with a stay with Auf Schönburg. For other excursions I would suggest that you book and enjoy a wine tasting with a local vinture in Oberwesel. Not only can you sample and buy exquisite wines, the tour includes a brief history of the town and surrounding land plus a trip into the sellers of the vinture himself. You should contact Auf Schönburg directly if you are interested in making a wine tour in Oberwesel, as it is a planned event.
3. Within the category of four star hotels inside of Germany, private bathrooms are mandatory to maintain said status. Although, not all rooms are with a free standing shower; some only with a bathtub. Contact the Hotel directly to better suit your needs.
4. Airport transfers are of course possible. Please refer to "rustic" and plan accordingly . Contact the Hotel for perhaps other arrangements - private pickup and drop off. What I can recommend is the DB regional train. You can order a taxi service to the train station in Oberwesel from the hotel and then you can embark on you're journey to Frankfurt airport in just over an hour (1.10mins) directly to the airport. The cost of the train ONE-WAY is around €13 for ONE person.
I hope that I gave you the information you needed and enjoy you're stay at Castle Auf Schönburg and the surrounding regions of South-West Germany.
Are you sure you want to delete this answer?
"Trains are loud at night, but earplugs are provided."