We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
All reviewscoffee makerwellesley subway stationstay there againquiet streetchurch streetyonge stsingle bedthird floorcity attractionsclose to shopstoronto pearson airportprivate bathroomgreat downtown locationwalking distanceinternet accessstayed for nightsroom was clean and comfortable
We arrived after hours at midnight so instructions were given to get the keys to our room.
We stayed 2 nights and had a comfortable quiet stay. Small bathroom and the 2nd night we had no towels but we're told where to find them. We...More
1 Thank deedeep1
Response from BennyOntario, Owner at Victoria's Mansion Guest HouseResponded October 12, 2017
Thanks so much for your positive comments--and so sorry again about the towel episode! We don't like to make mistakes, but have learned that contingency plans (where are the extra towels?) are always a prudent idea! We hope we'll see you again the next time...More
Now that I've found Victoria's Mansion, I won't stay anywhere else in Toronto. It has a great downtown location. There are interesting shopping streets nearby (Yonge, Church, Bloor) as well as bus stops, subway, restaurants, museums theatres, pubs etc. The building is an old Victorian...More
The room (number 22, in case the other rooms are better) is advertised as "deluxe". Well, there is no light in the room because of a building a meter away, the humidity from the toilet gets into the room (the door didn't close well), there...More
Stayed here because our regular hotels weren't available. It literally is an old house which has been converted but remains incredibly old feeling inside and tiny. They layout was awkward and incredibly tight for two people - even just for overnight. The manager was quite...More
We stayed one night in Toronto and seemed like a good deal since it was affordable and directly in Toronto.
So we arrive, there is absolutely no way to know where the parking is... I had to call and the clerk was very hard to...More
2 Thank chamone74
Response from BennyOntario, Owner at Victoria's Mansion Guest HouseResponded September 12, 2017
Dear Chamone74. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Just for the record though, I would like to assure you that the sheets most definitely are washed between guests! It is true that when we are busy they go directly...More
At the heart of Toronto, Downtown is the destination for cheap eats and fast fashion. Cut through by hip and trendy Yonge Street, the vibe here is young, with a strong student influence from the Ryerson University Campus. As a result, the Downtown area is always in flux: undergoing the construction of new facilities, with fresh retail spaces and pop-up cafes. Home to Toronto's largest indoor shopping mall, a number of
vintage cinemas, and a healthy nightlife centered on the area's Distillery District bar and clubs near the East End, it's both an easygoing daytime spot and a popular party place after sunset. It also features some of Toronto's best outdoor landmarks, including Yonge-Dundas Square and the Nathan Phillips Square: perfect for a concert, a skate, or a relaxing sit-down.
Response from BennyOntario | Property representative |
Hi there. Thanks for your interest and I will do my best to answer your questions! I know you sent this yesterday so I hope it's not too late-for the fastest answers to these and any other questions you could call us... More
Hi there. Thanks for your interest and I will do my best to answer your questions! I know you sent this yesterday so I hope it's not too late-for the fastest answers to these and any other questions you could call us directly at 416 921-4625 between 10:00 am - 6:00 pm. Here goes:
1) yes all of our rooms have microwave, small fridge, coffee maker, and utensils
2) yes certainly you could clean up any dishes in the bathroom sink; cleaning soaps, etc. are supplied
3) none of our rooms have laundry facilities en suite; we have coin operated laundry machines in the basement which you are welcome to use after hours or when we are not using them; we do not supply laundry detergent though--you would need to get that yourself
4) yes there are several dry-cleaners in the area--I think the closest one is just down the street from us on Church
5) I think the pizza place you are referring to is Olympic 76 and it is just steps down the street from us! It's been there a very long time and has an excellent reputation!
6) yes it is a nice leisurely walk to Yonge/Dundas Square; walking to Front Street however might be a challenge unless you were really into walking! You are right on the subway line though which takes you Union Station, which is on Front Street; there are plenty of banks on Yonge on your way to Dundas though--unless it's a specific branch you need on Front
7) there are several tour bus options in the city--and as we are very close to Yonge, a lot of them stop there; in the lobby we also have various "tour" information available; I don't know specifically what is at Union but I am sure there must be some sort of tour bus--and definitely there will be information,
Hope that helps--and as I said--for more timely answers just give us a call 10-6!