Drive Traffic to Your Listing with Tripadvisor Ads for Restaurants
Drive browsers searching for restaurants in your area straight to your listing with Tripadvisor Ads.
Every day, millions of potential customers visit Tripadvisor looking for a great place to eat. Capture the attention of these potential customers and drive traffic straight to your listing with Tripadvisor Ads. Set up your campaign in minutes for access to exclusive placements targeting hungry diners searching for restaurants just like yours.
What are Tripadvisor Ads?
Tripadvisor Ads drive traffic to your Tripadvisor listing by promoting your restaurant in exclusive sponsored placements to a targeted audience of diners searching for a place to eat in your area.
How does it work?
When you purchase a Tripadvisor Ad, we show it only to the most qualified diners searching for a restaurant like yours in your area. This means you’re capturing the attention of a highly targeted audience of diners who are ready to decide where they want to eat.
Where will my Ads appear?
Tripadvisor Ads appear across the site on desktop, mobile, and on the Tripadvisor app. Hungry diners could see your Ad at the top of the list for your location's home page, your location's category page, or restaurants near them, to name a few. For a full list of everywhere your Ad might show, click here.
What will my Ad look like?
See for yourself how your Ad will appear to potential diners by using our Preview tool. Any time your campaign is running, choose "Preview your Ad" under the "Advertising" dropdown in the Management Center to see your campaign.
How much does it cost?
Tripadvisor Ads are charged based on performance — meaning you only pay for clicks that we send to your page. We offer three monthly budget options based on the number of clicks you’d like to receive, or you can set your own daily custom budget. We make it easy for you to set it and forget it since your campaign will automatically renew each month. There's no commitment or hidden fees, either — you can cancel at any time.
How to Set Up Tripadvisor Ads
Setting up your Tripadvisor Ads is easy. Let's get started:
- Log into Tripadvisor: Choose "Create New Campaign" under the "Advertising" tab in your Tripadvisor Management Center.
- Create a new campaign: View your campaign objective and audience. We determine your audience based on your location and your business details like cuisine type, restaurant price range, and meal type as listed on Tripadvisor. If you want to change any of these details, update them by going to the "Cuisines and Amenities" section under the “Manage Listing” tab of the Tripadvisor Management Center.
- Set your budget: We offer several budget options based on the number of clicks you’d like to drive to your Tripadvisor page, or you can set your own custom daily budget. With each option, you pay only for the clicks you receive.
- Add payment information: Add your preferred billing and payment information. We accept either direct debit or credit card. Note that our billing cycle is monthly. Your first billing period may be shorter to bring you to the end of the calendar month. After that, you should receive a bill on the first of each month.
- Start your campaign: Click “Start Campaign” to begin driving more traffic to your Tripadvisor listing!
- Manage your Ads: Once your campaign is running, see how your Ads are performing by checking out the Ads Performance Dashboard in the Management Center. There, you'll see your Ad Views, Page Visits from Ads, Click-Through Rate, and more. For a full guide of the key metrics the Ads Performance dashboard covers, click here.
Now that you’re driving more traffic to your Tripadvisor page, make sure those visitors convert into customers by enhancing your listing. Tripadvisor Premium provides you with the tools you need to optimize your listing, increase conversions, and fill tables. In fact, Premium subscribers see up to a 24% increase in booking interest for their restaurants.1 Sign up at tripadvisor.com/Premium.
Get Started with Tripadvisor Ads
1. Source: Tripadvisor Log Files, January – February 2017. Properties featuring Favorite Reviews and Storyboard drove an average of 20% more clicks to their own website. Properties with a Tripadvisor booking button drove an average of 24% more booking clicks.
Get Started with Tripadvisor Ads
Last Updated: October 16, 2018