Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
8 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- The windmill is not only a beautiful gem, it's also a great place to have a picnic. Go to the butcher and baker in Pontorson and have a real French feast with a great view on Mont Saint Michel.
Best way to reach it: on bicycle !Written August 15, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Several people in the smart, clean, well stocked office. All appear to be multi-lingual and very ready to help.Written July 17, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I must admit I've never heard of Pontorson before. But, preparing our trip I learnt it's the best base for lodging and dining when visiting St. Michel.
The town is around 10 min drive from St. Michel and this nice Church stands in the center of it. It's a classic Norman style Church with both, Romanesque and Gothic elements dating back to 12c.
It's the only thing to do there - a nice walk after your meal.Written December 24, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went with some friends last week and not for the first time had a great time.We all had different types of brochettes and shared.Red wine carafe was surprisingly good and local beer THB really cold.Written February 3, 2019
- Taking a horseback ride in the Baie St. Michel could qualify as one of those Bucket List items, at least for me. It's a super nice addition to a trip to the Mont. I've been coming here since 1972 and enjoy Mont St. Michel each time. Riding the bay sand flats at low tide gives views and perspective not found elsewhere. You'd best reserve, know the tidal schedules and have the patience to fully enjoy this unique excursion. ...Written October 22, 2015