Top Attractions in Mishima
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Normally visitors take bus or walk from Mishima Station but I walked fromMIshima Tamachi which is the nearest one coming from Izunagaoka station and it took only 10 minutes. It was very quiet and I really got relaxed. worth visitingWritten November 4, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The view is spectacular. You can take a shot of the bridge and Fuji mountain when the sky is clear. There are a lot of outdoor activities such as Segway, E-bicycles and long zip slides. An excellent place for travel!Written January 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This river has a unique history (see photo).
You can even walk in the river in some parts along stones and boardwalks. A really nice Italian restaurant on this river called Dilettante (see photos) serves wonderful lunches but closes early (around 3pm or so) - be sure to book a table (from 11:30am for lunch) overlooking the river in this quirky little spot.Written July 8, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Those who know about Japanese history things may understand that many of the castles were built as bases for battle. The Yamanaka Castle was also built for the sake of defending Odawara castle where was the headquarters of Hojo Clan. It is located at the mountain area of Tokaido which was the main path to Sagami area.
When Toyotomi Clan tried to concquer Hojo Clan, Yamanaka castle was the critical base, however, Hojo army could not endure even a day.
As it was the first time for me to visit there, the whole site was very huge and was more than my expectation.
You should prepare sneekers and backpacks because walking around in this ruins is just like hiking. Brief visit takes 1 hour, and if you want to see details you need more than 2 hours.
This ruins of Yamanaka Castle is one of the most impressive mountain castles I've ever visited.
Just imagine the battles were taken place there when you visit.Written December 11, 2019
- It's a very large garden, that I would say gives a vibe closer to that of a park, in Japanese terms. It has some cafes, nice walking trails and some activities for kids like an old train car on display. I visited in November and there was a very nice Chrysanthemum flower exhibition on display.Written December 29, 2018
- I came during a special videogame-artifact collaboration the museum was hosting. This is a small museum and has one floor of galleries on the second floor and the ground floor has the museum store and reception, as well as lockers and the bathroom. The permanent exhibition has some rare Buddhism statues as well as their collection of swords. The main gallery was rearranged for the day I visited and it was more thematic. There are no English text for the displays but you can attempt with Google Translate if the museum does not ban photos for that exhibition.
I recommend coming during a special exhibition of a theme that interests you, as the museum was great in directing the crowd and the store was packed with themed goods for the exhibition as well.
Getting here is quite a walk, wear comfortable shoes. There is also a free lovely garden next to the museum and a restaurant that overlooks it.Written February 1, 2020
- Very peaceful park where kids can play in very clean water. Littles Rivers, oasis, are perfect when the sun is hot. Some trees looks they reach century years ago. Perfect place to hang up friends, read a book or just have rest the feet on the water.Written August 19, 2016
- We took the train from Yokohama to Odawara Station. We had to change the trains couple of times before heading to Is aware Station. The total duration time was about 2 hours 15 minutes. The entire journey was good especially the train to Odawara is the terminal. The train was punctual and not crowded on the weekdays. The Odawara Station is not large and maintained traditional Japanese train station design.Written July 19, 2016
- show your passport at a tiket office in a station.
You can ride bus and railway as often as you like during a day.
Please note that this ticket is only for Izuhakone railway and bus.Written November 5, 2016
- Mishima Taisha is a big shrine and located near Mishima station.
It takes about ten minutes from station to there.
Summer festival is held for 3 days annually,from 15th to 17th in August.
It says it's started 1,300 years ago to celebrate harvest originally.
About 300,000 people visit this festival.
You can enjoy shagiri which is traditional music performance.
Some people ride on Dashi(wooden vehicle) and play music by metal instrument.
You can buy food like yakisoba,okonomiyaki,watagashi,etc at yatai(small food stall).
I recommend you to go if you are interested in Japanese traditinal festival.Written September 20, 2014
- Straughtforward activity - walk into the tents, eat strawberries with sweet condensed milk.
No views (as it was indoor) or anything, but the massive red strawberries were already a marvel to see. They're very sweet, watery, and fresh. My family enjoyed it a lot. We've never seen strawberries this big & fresh!
We were free to eat as many as we'd like and boy did we eat a lot!Written March 5, 2019
- The staff of tourist information centers should always been welcoming and helpful, but that isn't necessarily the case. Although I had slipped in here just to pick up a map, a friendly volunteer greeted me right away in English, confirmed what I was after, and made some suggestions I hadn't thought of. The place was well stocked with brochures about the area in multiple languages. It was great!Written September 4, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Mishima
- The best day trips from Mishima according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Private Tour: Chartered Car to Mt. Fuji Lake Kawaguchiko or Hakone and Lake Ashi
- Full Day Private Tour to Mount Fuji in Spanish
- Hakone Private One Day Tour From Tokyo: Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi, Hakone National Park
Mishima Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 4:39 AM|