Surfing & Windsurfing • Waterskiing & Jetskiing
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- I tried the jet ski experience and it was so much fun and really thrilling. My captain also let me handle the jet ski at multple ocassions. Would definitely try them again for other activities when in Diani and recommend them to others.Written September 4, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We didn't plan to learn kitesurfing. But after watching the instructors we decided to give it a try. And we have not regretted it at all! Our kite instructor was professional, calm and specific in his statements and always within reach when we needed his help. The whole atmosphere was very relaxed and the owner super uncomplicated and professional. We would come back anytime! A big thank you also to Harun!!Written August 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had a great experience with Quest. Took about 15+ hours of one-on-one lessons over the course of a few weeks and loved it (starting as a true beginner). My instructor, Sam, was fantastic and very knowledgeable. The rest of the team is professional, friendly, welcoming, and super on top of things. Really appreciated how they prioritized making sure everyone stayed safe. I can't recommend them enough!Written August 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great Team, positive attitude and always had very good feelings in and outside water. Super spot to start your kiting or improve your skills. Recommended!Written March 8, 2023
- We, a family of four with two kids (10, 15) have spent a 7 days / 6 nights safari tour in Kenya in the last week of June 2023 ... and we are glad that we had arranged it with African Mosaic Tours. Max is your contact person for organization, keep bothering him on special interests, highlights, etc. ... he can male it happen. And request Omari as your guide and driver, he is professional and knowledgable as well as friendly and handsome, a great person. He even invited us to his private house for lunch (after the safari), very nice family and good food :-)
Omary promised (not to mix with "granted") Big 5 and he delivered !!! We saw not only thousands of elephants and buffalos, but also black rhinos, leopards and dozens of lions. Not to mention all the other beautiful wildlife and birds. It was a great tour, perfectly organized and professionally accomplished, thanks to the Team.
We started at Mombasa International Airport and ended at our vacation house in Diani Beach. Take a Jeep, not a Mini-Van, don't safe the money on that. You want to go on safari, not on city sightseeing or a picknick tour !!! Again, take a JEEP. Better views, great feeling, more space and never any problem even during those sometimes tricky road conditions ... and not to mention the jealous sights of tourists sitting in the small and low mini vans ...
Now a brief summary of our tour. We visited Tsavo West, Amboseli and Tsavo East. Our main route stops were ...
Rhino Sanctuary (a must in Tsavo West, there are not many black rhinos left elsewhere),
Ngulia Safari Lodge (1st night, rather simple, but great terrace including leopard visit),
Mzima Springs (nice green environment, ask fpr Steven) and Shatani Lava (okay to drive by),
Amboseli National Park (awesome park to see Kilimandjaro), stay here in the park at
Ol Tukai Safari Lodge (2nd + 3rd night, better stay two nights to relax and to see the big dude which is often covered by clouds), then
Ziwani Tented Camp (4ht night, great with crocos, hippos, safari walk, night safari), continued to
Taita Hills and Salt Lick Safari Logde (5th night, a must, the city above the skies), and finally went into Tsavo East to
Sentrim Tsavo Tented Camp (6th night, here we saw a herd of 14 (!) lions).
There are for sure hundreds of other nice places to visit and it first of all depends on starting point (Nairobi or Mombasa), available time and disposable budget. I can only stress one thing: You go to Kenya primarily to see wildlife, hence focus on this, you will never regret or forget the experience you will make.
Thanks again to Max and Omari and greetings also from Mama, Egon and Tamina :-)Written August 12, 2023
- this was my first experience with a kitesurf trip (downwinder XL) and what a trip we had!
Cynthia and Tyl are 2 great ppl, they arranged everything very wel , food was great , the group was fantastic and the kitesurfing spots are amazing!
i usually kitesurf in the brown soup of holland so this was something else ,kenia is really amazing.
contact beforehand with them went well, the places we have stayed were good, some were even magical.
i would suggest surfari afrika to any kitesurferWritten January 30, 2023
- Anyone traveling to Kenya to kite or learn how to kite I highly recommend Diani Kite Club
Service and quality are top notch. I was impressed with quality of service. They offer core kites. Can have lessons, Advanced lessons, or supervision. I love how flexible and kind they were. Great group. Daniel Starv Carl and Anneka. All warm and welcoming. Asked where I was in my joinery what my goals are (improve confidence) and came up with a tailored plan for me. And met my goals in one hour session. Great warm vibes. Greeted me with coffee said I could
Hang out with Wi-Fi and slack line. I enjoyed both. Would def go back.Written February 11, 2023
- Teenager and mother of teenager had a one-hour beginner one student per teacher kite lesson. We started at the beach learning how to connect the kite to the lines, and then we went into the water. After one hour we were able to handle the kite quite well and managed to do some bodysurf with the kite. Our teachers were safety oriented, extremely nice, friendly, patient and helpful. The lessons are payed by the hour. We had a great time and I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to try kite surfing!Written February 15, 2023
- Crystal clean water and super warm. Better have very strong sun protector or long sleeve Lycra. There is a restaurant and a bar in the hotel (50 meters from the beach) not the cheapest in the area but has some affordable options). The is also pizza place right on the beach but was closed in January. Better plan safari in advance. In January -December all operators were overbooked.Written September 3, 2019
- Great school run by local people and very good prices. The teachers are very nice and the equipment is good. Prefer this to other schools that use only foreign instructors.Written August 18, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Diani Beach
- These are the best places for kid-friendly surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing in Diani Beach:See more surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing for kids in Diani Beach on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing in Diani Beach:See more surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing for couples in Diani Beach on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing in Diani Beach:See more surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing for groups in Diani Beach on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing in Diani Beach:See more surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing for adrenaline seekers in Diani Beach on Tripadvisor