Top Attractions in Bredasdorp
What travelers are saying
- Did this hike with Frank Dwyer, absolutely fantastic hike and doing it with Frank was the best. He is very accommodating. Being Muslim Frank went the extra mile with preparing my meals. One of the most beautiful hikes that I have been on. Once again thanks to Frank DwyerWritten February 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The park is easily accessible and the wooden walkway along the shore makes it so much easier to access the meeting point of the oceans and the area is so neat and tidyWritten May 27, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We went to De Mond to do the 6km hike in the nature reserve and discover what it was about...
The trail starts in the fynbos and follows the boundary of the nature reserve, We were not that impressed at that moment...
BUT... When we arrived on the beach and walked all the way to the river mouth, we were just blown away...
Such a prestine beach, with nobody around, and endless view on the beach and dunes.
The river mouth is the paradise for waterpeople...
We spent the whole day there, and didn't regret it...Written April 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This museum has much more than just the story of shipwrecks. I knew it would be good when I saw the resident ginger cat sittiing on the admission desk! The first room has some great exhibits of items recovered from wrecks off the cape as well as telling the story of the shipping hazards of the coast. There's also another building showing how people lived in the past with an eclectic and quirky mix of exhibits. At the back of the garden is a barn containing an old fire engine and a couple of old hearses.
It's quaint, quirky, fascinating yet informative with so much to see.Written October 27, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This gallery is definitely a sight for sore eyes and a delight for the senses. The most beautifull candles, plates, cups, clothing, bags and other african art are on display and for sale, when we visited they had two discount tables available on the day, hence i could afford some items :-)Written May 26, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The best pizza I have ever had thin based crispy with just the right amount of cheese, plus a lovely crisp rose wine to compliment itWritten May 11, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This charming stone church bears the stamp of Sophy Gray, wife of the first Bishop of Cape Town, who was responsible for drawing up plans for many of the Anglican churches found in the Cape.
Although the foundation stone was laid in 1859, the church was only consecrated in 1863. There have been few alterations/additions over the years, but the newer stonework ties in with the original, thus creating the impression of a unified structure.
The triple lancet fenestration of the chancel is interesting and the beautiul honey-coloured sandstone makes this church very appealing.Written February 24, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a must do when in Bredasdorp and should be on every travellers to do list when visiting the area. We went on a early morning game drive and please wear warm clothes on the early morning game as it gets very chilly out on the planes, we saw lots of buck and birdlife, however the hippos were a bit shy on the day. After a while you get welcomed with warm drinks and rusks before continuing the rest of the drive. This is a value for money experience!!Written May 27, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bredasdorp
- The best outdoor activities in Bredasdorp according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Bredasdorp on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Bredasdorp according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Shared Round Trip from Cape Town to Cape Agulhas Where the Two Oceans Meet F/D
- Cape Agulhas | Stony Point Nature Reserve
- Pacific & Indian Ocean Meeting Private Tour
- Private Visit To Cape Agulhas Where Two Oceans Meet + Winery From Cape Town F/D
- Cape Agulhas Tour and Hermanus