- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
28 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Great garden. Well selected plants and flowers.
Clean, easy entrance and good information.
If you like nature you should visit.Written July 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- In addition to all the amenities, the main feature is the protection from the wind. Also, no stones to trip over.Written May 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great beach 6k S if Deshaies - go with a 🤿 - quiet, undeveloped, nice sand and superb swim out to Pointe Ferry ~400m on S side of bay at Ferry - visibility usually pretty good 👍 . Wonderful corals - plumes, fans, whips, brain etc - all in pretty good condition 👌. Lots of fish species 🐡 🐟 numerous large parrot fish - one of the very best places to do this on Guad! Occasional turtle if you swim more into centre of bay. Back of beach is a café & patisserie and a good lunch restaurant 😋, also more parking - which is limited behind the sand, some shade from swaying palms or trees at edge. If there is a large swell - hang on to your kids as undertow can be strong 😉.Written March 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice little beach tucked away off the beaten track. Worth the walk down to it. We had it almost to ourselves.Written October 10, 2019
- The church was being decked out with beautiful flowers by local volunteers when we were there, possibly for the end of slavery day. Peaceful, light and airy.Written June 6, 2019
- I certainly did not want to be mingled with the Plage Naturiste. I was looking at the ocean, farther from that Plage Naturiste.
From where I was, no one would see anything that happened there.
However, the beach looked good from far.
From far we cannot see anything. I am glad of that.
This is not for anyone.Written September 6, 2019
- When we went to Guadeloupe my eleven year old kids wanted to get trained up to PADI open water after enjoying a trial dive in Greece the year before. I couldn’t be happier with the choice of Calypso Plongee run by Cyril and Manon to make that happen and would give them six stars if I could!
They told us that their goal is to run a dive operation that has an atmosphere appropriate for people on holiday; relaxed and enjoyable (and safe, of course). They certainly provided that. Cyril’s kind and warm style was perfect for teaching the kids helping build their enthusiasm for diving. Knowing their coast like the back of their hand, Cyril and Manon always chose good spots that were optimized for the visibility and current conditions on the day.
By the end of our time together we had all had such a good time that even my wife, who enjoys snorkeling but has resisted diving for fifteen years, suddenly agreed to a surprise proposal by Manon that she try a trial dive. Manon was great with her and now she’s got the diving bug too.Written August 28, 2020
- Our guide William was very knowledgeable of "Death in Paradise" activities, sites, and personnel. He is also very knowledgeable of local flora and fauna. The tour was very interesting and we really enjoyed a lot of DIP stuff.Written May 22, 2022
- We booked this sunset cruise via Viator.com a few days before setting sail. Two of us joined 3 other pairs / couples for a total of 8 people + the captain Laurent, who was a welcoming and very friendly French + English speaker. As almost everyone spoke fluent French (except me / my partner who are conversational at best) and one couple did not know any English, Laurent elected to speak mostly French, and peppered in English once in a while. Anything crucial, he would make sure to repeat in English for us, which we appreciated.
The sunset sail was great - there was heavy rain at the start when we met Laurent, but we waited it out until the worst was done and then boarded the yacht for introductions and a brief safety talk. He'll ask you to remove your shoes and put all bags / purses into the main cabin, and just keep your camera / phone on you. As we sailed up the coast, the weather cleared up and some of us sat near the front of the yacht (rather than on the seats at the back, you can basically be wherever you want). Views were fantastic and the sail was so fun! Laurent is very relatable and asks everyone to help out with tasks once in a while (if you want to) and he does a good job of pulling everything in to participate (steering, ropes). He also passed out shorts of rum punch near the end too.
Instructions weren't super clear on where to meet - google search for Les Balades de Keila and aim for the marina parking lot when you get there. We met under a big white tent at the very edge of the marina. Also, the first time I tried to book, Laurent rejected the booking and emailed back a day later telling us to re-confirm it, so feel free to check directly if he rejects you the first time. Bring a sweater or rainjacket if you think you might get cold - it can be quite windy, and if you don't want it, you can stash it in the cabin below.Written February 1, 2019
- Very nice and easy diving: we dived with tropicalsub 9 times during 2 weeks. Eric, the owner and diveguide, was always relaxed and well organized. Maggi, his wife, organizes the divebase and shop. Both are speaking englisch in a proper way.
The equipment is in very good condition. Mostly Scubapro material. Even Computer are rentabel. They have a good boat- quite new aluminium tubeboat with a 300 PS outboarder.
Divesides are interesting and amazing. Best were "Paul Thomas" , Ferrari pointe" and "Pointe Fou".Written August 7, 2022
- Frédéric, the owner, is a great dive master.. This was my first time diving in the ocean and I was really scared. He was really patient and reassuring.Written May 9, 2022
- We had a great experience. It was our first time on a SUP, but the owner explained the technique and didn't mind if we needed a bit more time. We even got a kano later to see the mangrove which wasn't accesible by SUP. We had a wonderfull morning!Written March 13, 2020
- By far the best canyoning experience. It was lots of fun and adrenaline.
We are happy we decided to go canyoning with Olivier. There are lots of other canyoning agencies but I'm pretty sure this one is the best. Lots of rapelling, jumps and water slides. Simply AWESOME. 😊Written August 10, 2022
- Lovely day spent on board with captain, crew and fellow passengers. Not overly crowded. Nice food. Pleasant conversation. Opportunity to steer the boat for those who were interested. Thanks for a good day.Written March 6, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Deshaies