Top Attractions in Sainte-Rose
What travelers are saying
- Only a short visit after a day around the coast. The waterfalls are impressive though I would imagine in high season the car parks would fill easily. Nice coffee and cake at the restaurant.Written November 4, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Beautiful Vista. But the drive up the Mountain is equally impressive. The hikes are far and time consuming, but you will enjoy the trip to the top without doing the hikes.Written December 22, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It is quite impressive to see this little church surrounded by the lava flow from the 1977 eruption of the Piton de la Fournaise. The church was not destroyed but was hit hard, as the picture gallery shows.
You are free to interpret this as a random coincidence or, as most people do, as a miracle. Regardless, it is very close to the Route des Laves and the Grande Brulée, so it makes sense to visit the church on your way to/ from the lava fields.Written January 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It is worth stopping if you are passing by (you can see it from the road) as it is an old suspension bridge no longer used. It is interesting to see the architecture of the bridge and how is was when it was used years ago.Written October 12, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We would certainly recommend this tour. The lava tunnels are amazing and our guide was great. All the safety equipment you need is provided. You need to wear trainers or walking shoes (ours got quite scuffed so bring an old pair) and trousers. It's really warm in the cave - although damp you don't need a raincoat (we regretted bringing ours as we just carried it). It's a 5/10 minute walk to the cave entrance, about 4 hours in the cave and an hour walk back (bring suntan lotion for the walk back).Written October 1, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I need market for vanilla beans, maybe some one can help me, im in indonesia
We need buyer for vanilla,
We have vanilla planifolia and tahiti
But my market really badWritten May 15, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Beautiful spot with everything you can ask for! Waterfalls, a river, palm trees, the ocean- there are just so many beautiful things for the eye to rest on. Right in front of the bottom parking area is the slipway to the sea for small boats, which gives you a viewpoint of the 'beach' To the right is the restaurant and the waterfalls and to the left is the forested area with picnic spots and a small fresh fruit smoothie bar. Pack a picnic and lounge around at one of the gazebo's, where there is also braai/bbq area. Or kick back at the small restaurant, or grab a smoothie or ice cream and take a walk!
Lots of stray dogs who are friendly enough and will follow you around if you have food- but we found this in most spots in Reunion.
Very lush, green and damp so be sure to spray your legs for mosquitos! With so much water around, they are big, healthy and are happy to bite away at you!
Very tranquil and gives your soul time to recharge if you've had a busy day- quiet and peaceful.Written May 18, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sainte-Rose
- The best day trips from Sainte-Rose according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Visit of the WILD SOUTH in a private vehicle with driver / guide from the west
- Volcano in 4x4 - 2 to 4 passengers
- Volcano in Quad AND 4x4 - 2 to 4 passengers