Popular things to do
- Day Trips
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Tours & Sightseeing
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ports of Call Tours
- Water Sports
- Transfers & Ground Transport
- Walking & Biking Tours
- Cultural & Theme Tours
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Special Offers
- Shopping Tours
- Sporting Events
- Weddings & Honeymoons
Top Attractions in Gili Trawangan
What travelers are saying
- Well i did my solo trip here during end trip 2020. Absolutely Gilis island are easy to access even solo trip. Based on my experience here the results were :
- easy to access by solo trip
- cheap homestay and hotel
- good variation of meals
- the most complete facilities between 3 gilis island
- helpful local people
- The road must be smoother and good instead of the other gilis island
- Expensive meals, better to bring your own snack. The price can be doubled in the island
- Many dead coral reefs
- Not worthed to do dive a lot here, and dissapointed for rubish under the sea
- So crowded, not suitable for someone who wish calm and peace condition
Hope my review can help you for your next holiday.
Ciao....Written January 16, 2021
- we tried surfing for the first time here, and we were all terrible. but it was great fun and the beach is stunningWritten December 14, 2019
- Even though there's not much to see the locals have worked so hard to keep the sanctuary alive to help the suffering turtles. The experience was very moving and changed my life. I did a TED talk on it in Indonesia at a school and have been donating money to the aid since 2010 and from the earthquake I'm still trying to gather money to donate to help them. This area should be conserved and taken care of and they are important. They clean the beaches and only the tourists can fund their care. Because of my support for them I was even allowed to help and host the annual Sea Turtle release. This was an amazing experience and I very much recommend it.Written April 29, 2019
- I usually don't mind a mosque and their call to prayer...but here it seems to go on and on, whole sermons being broadcast, it's deafening noise... probably as a counter measure to all the equally noisy bars hahaWritten May 14, 2020
- The ferry was very late both to and from the Gilis. We waited at the dock for almost 2 hours, and then again when arriving to the dock with the both. We could not get off for about 30 minutes as there was a long queue to dock the boat. No info given, more than then the answer “5 minutes” when asking when boat arrives.. I believe Ostina are true time optimists or does not care about the guests valuable time. Would been much better if they were honest with there delays so it was easier to “plan”, or to know if there were time to eat or go to toilet… you can so better Ostina 03!!Written August 12, 2022
- If I die young, bury me in satin, lay me down on a bed of roses..."
That's the song I had playing in my head as we pitched from some to side in an overloaded boat, with one engine not working and the waves getting bigger and darker by the minute.
We were packed in like sardines, you had to bend in half to get into your seat, plus the place stunk like petrol.
All up the trip from Gili Air to Seminyak took SEVEN HOURS. On the way over with Ostina it was about three or four max (including drive to Penang Bai) and a great, easy trip.
To top it off, we were left on the side of the road a few streets away from our hotel, with dead phones. We had to wander around and ask people where our accommodation was. Semeya didnt even get us home. Never book with this company, it's the worst. Trip Advisor, time to let us give out no stars, please. This company doesn't deserve even one.Written August 18, 2022
- Thanks to DSM dive team for those amazing dives around Gili islands.
Thanks to small groups and not crowded boats (max 12-15 people by boat / 3-4 groups), we (1 adult and 3 teenagers) have enjoyed our fun dives during the 3 days with Hudiri. All the team is very friendly and feel like being part of a family.
For non-English speaking people, a few French-speaking dive masters are available for the diving courses. Not experienced but I guess worth it.
Highly recommended!Written August 10, 2022
- My IDC course with Holly and Justin exceeded my expectations. Having to make a career change in my late 40s, I was a bit apprehensive about going back in a classroom and study. But with their experience, professionalism, passion for teaching, and support, not only they made that course look easy, they also made it so much fun. I can't thank them enough!Written January 9, 2022
- After being off diving for almost 2 years, he took such good care of me, gave me the refresher course I needed, and planned some amazing dives! With the pandemic affecting much of the island, it was like having my own underwater tour guide, Francisco showed me so many different fishes and cool spots, helped me capture some unreal footage on a GoPro he borrowed from a friend, and was always professional throughout. Muchas gracias para todo Francisco, really, thank you! Hope we get to dive again someday.. 🤙Written September 17, 2021
- My friend and I recently did Open Water Diver course with Dive Central Gili. Met the manager Seb who patiently helped us with complete details and formalities.
Our instructor was VICTOR, can't thank him enough. It was my 1st time diving ever but Victor's training, instructions and attention to safety made feel me so so relaxed and aware under the water.
I am out of words about what a great experience I had here. Thank you Victor and the entire DCG crew. Miss you already.Written August 16, 2022
- Fried kimchi rice is really nice. I remind the food in Korea. The restaurant is clear and staffs are nice too. Want to try Korean food, you must come here ! ⭐️ 김치볶음밥이 정말 맛있어요~~ 한국에서 먹던 그 맛 그대로입니다ㅜㅜㅜ 한국음식이 생각나는 여행객분들니라면 꼭 오세요!!Written January 15, 2020
- We took the SSI Open water certificate at Gili Divers. Amazing team and environment. We want to thank everyone, especially our instructor Emil who made the whole experience so much better with his amazing personality and pedagogical skills.Written August 5, 2022
- I did the advanced open water course with elin and it was verry good. It was verry personal and she helped me a lot with my bouyancy. I feel a more complete diver now. Verry relaxed and open atmosphere. Although the focus was on learning, the marine life was exceptional!Written February 10, 2020
- In October my partner and I did several dives with Uber Scuba, my partner completed his Advance diving course and I fun-dived. I am qualified to Dive Master and felt I learned alot myself from the knowledgeable instructors who want to show you a great time 'under the sea!', especially Steve who will take the time to make sure you feel confident and seek out marine life, coral and points of interest he knows you might enjoy. Would highly recommend to learners and experienced divers.Written May 4, 2020
- The guys here are so wonderful! They are kind and so helpful. We felt very safe with our guide, Obey. And our photographer got really great photos and videos! This was one of the coolest things we’ve ever done!Written July 27, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Gili Trawangan
- The best day trips from Gili Trawangan according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Private Tour Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, and Gili Air (Depart Lombok/Gili T)
- Gili Island Snorkeling Trip - Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, & Gili Air, From Lombok
- Gili Trawangan Island Day trip from Bali
- Gili Trawangan,Gili Meno& Gili Air Island:Snorkeling Day Trip Depart from Lombok
- Daily Tour