Points of Interest & Landmarks • Lighthouses
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
51 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 51
What travelers are saying
- We kept driving from the Hamptons all the way out to the eastern tip of Long Island to see this amazing lighthouse. The weather out here was much better and you could see all the way to the horizon.Written June 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I walk the lighthouse almost every weekend and it never gets old. I have the empire pass so its free for me. The staff are friendly and they do a good job of keeping it clean.Written June 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A large and beautiful beach. It was mid week very early in the season so the beach was very quiet with only a small number of people. We decided to go for a swim in the very cold but very refreshing water. It was incredible!Written June 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Took the kid here during the off season and really enjoyed it since there weren't huge crowds. We got an upfront view of all of the exhibits and didn't have to battle for space at the glass. They still hold the sea lion show daily outside, but since it is only 10-15 minutes long then it wasn't bad at all to get bundled up quickly. A few of the outdoor exhibits were closed for the season, but we got to see about 85-90% of what anyone would during the summer and without the heat.
The tanks were well maintained, the whole place was clean, and the staff was friendly. The stingray petting was a great feature, and the butterfly exhibit was good also. We spent 3 hours total here.
They do have free parking a couple of blocks to the North (follow the signs), and a free shuttle bus to take you to the front door. Strollers are allowed (unlike the NYC aquarium) except for in a couple of very specific spots (the owls, and butterfly exhibit).
The pricing was a little more than I expected, and more than one page of the website said for off season pricing. But, the it was a better visit for the money than the aquarium closer to the city. There are other things you can do for extra money (pan for crystals, pics with animals, etc) but we didn't try any of those, nor the small restaurant or ice cream shop on premises.Written December 2, 2019
- Shop, shop, shop. Every store you can think of. Except pharmacy or bank. Shuttle available too. Or park and walk.Written February 9, 2020
- Main Beach is the beach of all beaches. Of course this is East Hampton.
Also known by many as Hollywood East. The Village really supports the beach, because they understand it is a central iconic feature of the Village, along with the
other beautiful beaches in East Hampton. The staff is great and the lifeguards
are outstanding. And now you can a cold beer, or a chilled glass of wine on a
beautiful sunny evening at the Beach Hut.
Philip111 Capt. USA/USMC ret.Written July 21, 2022
- My favourite beach in NY, really beautiful. Low-key and lovely in the mornings. I was disappointed to see a few items of plastic trash on the beach in the early mornings, it's always been a pristine beach. Saw a whale, which was an unexpected treat!Written August 13, 2022
- Ditch Plains is 1 block from the house I was visiting. nice people, nice beach, surfer watching, porta-potties, food in early part of day.Written August 11, 2022
- Foster (Long) Beach is rarely too crowded and often not at all. The sand is decent and the Sunsets are perfect.Written August 2, 2021
- One of the better, more peaceful and less visited preserves in the Long Island region. We enjoyed seeing the osprey perches, birds and ground squirrels all running around. The red trail is 1.5 miles or so, there were others which were up to 4 miles long. Most of the trails were in the shade, but a couple appeared to have long stretches in the sun. Bring some comfortable walking shoes and get out in to nature.Written May 17, 2021
- This beach is on the Atlantic Ocean. Loved the waves- better than P-town Cape Cod. Lots of surfers too
Clean facilities and a concession stand. But It is pricey. Day pass $30. Concession stand had fresh offerings but also pricey ($9 for 2 bottles of seltzer)
Bottom line- treat yourself and go (and bring a cooler)Written July 17, 2022
- Very steep and dangerous cliffs at this park. Keep children close by! Great views of the Atlantic, see Mother Nature at work as the land erodes into the ocean. Nice walking trail but close to the cliff. Worth a visit and nice views of Montauk light too!Written March 25, 2022
- Anyone who comes to Montauk, has to visit go’s a soon. The views are beautiful and the stores are great. There is a variety of stores to choose from and a lot of restaurants on the property. We enjoyed the ice cream shop, the restaurant and clam bar.Written July 3, 2021
- As a visitor, we absolutely loved our walk at Shadmoor State Park. You can hug the coastline and enjoy sweeping views of bluffs and beaches. You’ll walk up slight inclines and it’s pretty rocky so you definitely want to wear tennis shoes. We got turned around and exited at a different place so I guess…pay closer attention to the signs. It’s gorgeous. Go wander around. You’ll love it.Written August 8, 2022
- I found heaven… right here. Beautiful stretch of white sandy beach.
No matter what time of year. Waiting for them to re build a proper well deserved pavilion .Written July 5, 2021