State Parks • Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
What travelers are saying
- Owner and staff are extremely kind, fun, and helpful. Sites are large and woodsy. Lots to do. We scheduled a family trip last minute that required 1 camper and 2 tent sites and they made it work for us. We had a great time in their large pool after climbing Mt. Greylock. It's got a state park feel with all the amenities and most pleasurable owner and staff. It's dog friendly too.Written October 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A short walk to the white marble arch, the only one in North America. Part of the trail is closed to the public. Nice folliage on the way!Written October 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing hike going up the Mohawk Trail to see the Indian Lookout. Right on top of the mountain. 500m straight up. Don’t be fooled. Some parts will bite your calves!!! From there you walk down 😀 to the camping grounds and right back on the parking.
AMAZING Clean and fine!!Written July 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hikes, walks, water sports, the AT, good camping, four wheeling,
enduros, old cemetaries, the DreamAway Lodge, ..........it's all thereWritten August 7, 2020
- There was no one around when we arrived, so we had plenty of time to explore and take photos.
The main waterfall is pretty, although probably more interesting when there is more waterflow. It is a very short walk from the car park to the waterfall.
There is a longer trail that goes along the stream leading the waterfall, and my family walked it. The trail is not marked, but it is easily identifiable based on looking at the ground. There are lots of spider webs along the trail, so make sure to watch where you are walking.
My daughter is somewhat adventurous, and she had fun climbing on rocks and fallen trees. There are numerous ways down to the stream (although most of them are steep) along the trail.
If you have time, I recommend visiting!Written September 6, 2020
- So absolutely amazing!! Love the natural history here. We also took the trail closest to balance rock which was a low key trail.
GPS took us past the parking lot to Pittsfield state park. If you end up there, go to the office , they have typed directions :) very nice!Written October 9, 2022
- Visited North Adams museum of history and science. Very interesting. Take plenty of time to browse thru. Staff was very helpful.Written June 8, 2017
- We live just far enough away from Williamstown and North Adams that a visit to Mass MoCA, the Theater Festival, or other event makes us want to stay over night. This State Park is the ideal outdoor option, just a few miles north of North Adams. Recently updated facilities and a lovely wooded setting with pond are quite pretty; lots of ferns, moss and boulders.
Sites 2, 4 and 6 have unobstructed views through the tall trees down to the pond (and the sites across the road from them have a glimpse of the blue water, too).
Since we're spoiled by living in a place with no road noise, we'd rather not hear the vehicles on Route 8 and the street along the south edge of the park (not a lot of traffic, but the sound travels uphill). Sites 24 - 40 are down the hill so would likely be the quietest.Written June 8, 2019
- The park is well maintained, kept clean for all to enjoy. the trails are easy for almost anyone to navigate, and the views are well worth the effort...Written June 12, 2018
- i love ot visit this place over the years and watch nature in all it plendor,beavers,ducks geese,fish,and hiking the trail over the mountain that comes out behind berkshire south ,dont for get your camera,,a great way to spend a few hoursWritten April 11, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Berkshires
- These are the best places for couples seeking state parks in Berkshires:See more state parks for couples in Berkshires on Tripadvisor