- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
What travelers are saying
- Amazing hike going up the Mohawk Trail to see the Indian Lookout. Right on top of the mountain. 500m straight up. Don’t be fooled. Some parts will bite your calves!!! From there you walk down 😀 to the camping grounds and right back on the parking.
AMAZING Clean and fine!!Written July 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went back for a second time. This time we went in October and it was beautiful. We had site #11. It was a great site. Not too close to others, directly off the road (no backing up down a hill) and we had plenty of space. It is also right across from a bathhouse. I wanted to write another review for this location because the park has allowed it's dump station to be completely grown over. And because of COVID all the potable water spigots are closed. We filled our camper up ahead of time and it was fine. We used the restrooms and while they weren't as clean as our previous trip, they weren't bad. There was also a much smaller number of campers there too.Written October 12, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My family and I have camped here pretty much every year since 2008. We prefer the bigger more open sites, but there are more wooded ones too. Sometimes the bathrooms aren't the cleanest, but has been pretty good in recent years. There are some great hikes in the park like Spruce Hill, Bog Pond, and Tannery Falls. Be sure to talk to the ranger first about trail conditions, best place to access, and to get a map. Swimming at North Pond is a great break from the heat in the afternoon, and you can pick blueberries there in July. They added Bear Boxes to the campsites a few years ago, and it is very convenient to store stuff in and put items on top of when in camp. The open apple orchard center of the campground is great for kids to run around, play frisbee, and at night a great spot to see the stars.Written August 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There are many trails in this area, some being loop trails. Jug End is especially good. This is one of the quieter and least populated areas in Massachusetts. It’s very much off the beaten path.Written September 24, 2017
- Pittsfield State Forest is BEAUTIFUL! Many picnic tables, lots of hiking trails, a really gorgeous scenic road, streams, a pond and probably more that we didn't even see. We were there during peak foliage time and it was just stunning. Best of all, on the trails, your dog can be off-leash! Our little dog had a blast running along the trails!Written November 2, 2022
- Great area for hiking, picnics, fishing, kayaking. Fonnects to longer trails, so plenty to keep you entertained. Not very busy, especially earlier in day on a weekdayWritten August 4, 2021
- We took the LL loop and were rewarded with quiet and calm. The trail is well maintained and it is pretty all around. Easy with some hills. Recommended.Written October 21, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Berkshires
- These are the best places for kid-friendly forests in Berkshires:See more forests for kids in Berkshires on Tripadvisor