Top Attractions in Vrouwenpolder
What travelers are saying
- You can visit the inside of the deltaworks together with a guide who gives details and information about the history of this modern world wonder of engineering. The park is not only the deltaworks but also a waterplay park for kids, sealshow sealio show, aquarium, information about the flood disaster in 1953. For the guided tour you need to pay 3,50 euro extra and a boattrip on the Oosterschelde is another 4 euro extra. All by all It's pretty expensive specially in autumn and winter because some parts of the park are closed.Written December 4, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very interesting to see. No tours, just a nice stop with a shop and restaurant. BUT if you can go to the Flood Museum you won't be disappointed! The museum is very educational and explains the floods and reason for all the dykes.Written April 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I did 3 kayak tours with Guido in the last three yrs.: Intro/safety course, Oosterschelde and an extra (beginners) tour with members of my family this year.
Guido is a calm and understated person, not a show-off-type - the Zeeland sea and nature provide enough of a "show" and experience themselves. His confident approach to teaching and guiding kayaking left everybody safe and happy!
I am looking forward to my next summer holiday in Zeeland, will certainly book another tour.Written December 12, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very interesting project and technology, the Delta Storm gates are unique in the world. The visit was disappointing in that it was a long drive especially to visit, expensive to enter, then had to pay extra for a tour in English - which was done in two languages and very confusing. Missed half the information but could have read it on the display boards.
Also couldn't actually get close to the gates & technology due to new security laws.
The place seems to have become a water theme park for young families.
The Delta Experience & display information was quite good, but a huge effort by us for an average experience of learning about and seeing the storm surge gates.Written July 12, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Vrouwenpolder
- The best day trips from Vrouwenpolder according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Private custom tour from Amsterdam to Antwerp, Bruges, Brussels or Ghent
- Private day trip about the Dutch Delta works from Amsterdam
- Zeeland, Delta works, medieval Veere & Middelburg Private tour 8 p. = 165e. each
Vrouwenpolder Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 10:27 AM|