Top Attractions in Castellana Grotte
What travelers are saying
- The caves themselves are excellent, with beautiful features to see. The starting “grave cave” is especially stunning but the white cave at the very end before you turn back is simply gorgeous. I saw several types of formation that I have not seen before and all the highlighted features were lovely in their own right. Having a tour in English really helped.
Be aware of several points:
- the total tour is around 3km long, although you can opt out of about 2km of it and are given the choice to do so when the time comes (all of our session did the whole tour)
- it is about 18 degrees C in the caves and very humid, so you get quite hot after a while, especially wearing FFP2 masks
- you have to wear an FFP2 mask throughout the tour (April 2022) which makes it quite hard with steaming/misting up if you are a glasses wearer
- no photos are allowed after the first cave, I’m guessing as much to keep everyone together as anything else
- our guide was very strict about the latter two points and was really quite rude if anyone dared to transgress!
- the tour is taken at a quite quick pace throughout
- it is quite slippery underfoot at times
- our guide in the English speaking tour was not very good in that she clearly didn’t like people very much! You felt like she was just getting us round with minimum effort on her part and certainly she only interacted with us to either tell people off or to give the required information.
Having said all that, the caves themselves were quite possibly the best that I have visited and I would recommend them!Written April 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- enjoyed wondering around this lovely area. Would highly recommend a visit. Generally a lovely area. Believe it dates back to 1200 , will probably take about 30 minutes to view interior but well worth it.Written June 19, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It is kind of a small park. I think in 20 minutes we saw it all twice, even stoping to each statue and reading the explanations.Written July 16, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A miracle of mother nature! 🍀
Wanna see something breathtaking and unique? 🤩
Guided tours (longer and shorter) in different languages for a fair price.
A rocky trip you wont forget! I was stunned!Written October 29, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Castellana Grotte
- The most popular things to do in Castellana Grotte with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in Castellana Grotte on Tripadvisor