Historic Sites • Architectural Buildings
39 places sorted by traveler favorites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 39
What travelers are saying
- I liked Loja a lot, it had good weather, friendly locals who rarely spoke English, and not a heavy presence of gringos as does neighboring Vilcabamba. I found two lovely walking trails at either end of town. I always felt safe, except for cars running me down. Care is needed when crossing the street. And what a deal, prices are quite low throughout Loja.Written December 1, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A hike up to the small lodge or center takes a couple of hours. From there one is able to add a three hour loop or an 8 hour tek to a lagoon. It is recommended to include a rest day before returning. The entrance closes at 4:00pm.
Beautiful park. We encountered only a handful of other hikers.Written January 9, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A nice little detour, to see one of the most important virgins in Ecuador. I'm sure it becomes quite an experience if you can be there when the virgin travels in August to Loja, or makes the trip back to El Cisne in November, with the faithful walking with her for 3 days. The town is tiny but charming, with lots of local sweets and souvenirs of faith to be had.Written May 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- More to do than any other park we’ve seen in Ecuador. Skate park, paddle boats, field sports, places to eat. The big attraction is the many, colorful, versions of buildings from worldover. Eiffel Tower, Kremlin, Chinese temple-many equipped with slides. Really picturesque and fun to wander around.Written January 28, 2021
- A visit at wind farm was the best thing in Loja. On the way up we admired the beautiful views. It produces 25% of the electric used in the province of Loja in one year. There were also information center where you could see pictures of building process. When we saw the pictures of how all the big parts have made their way up to the hill and the building process it made us quiet, huge project. There is also a coffee shop where we had hot chocolate and sandwitch, service was friendly.Written September 6, 2019
- 7/4/2023 We just moved from Florida to Loja 2 nights ago. We were born & raised in Texas. When the guide book mentioned that the owner of Zarza was from Texas and did BBQ, so we had to try it! WE loved the food and I have to say Gustavo's guacamole would make any TexMex restaurant Proud, the best I have had since we left Texas. The Lone Star Blonde was delicious and the margarita was perfect. We were the only patrons so early on a Tuesday night and it was nice. Gustavo (I hope I spelled that correctly) thank you for our first dinner out in Loja, you made am impression on us. Rich & DonnaWritten July 4, 2023
- on vacation you can travel to the city Loja where I could enjoy it is typical food as mote pillo is diferent and delicius and visited the park that were turistic. Loja is very beautiful city where you can enjoy a lot and you can relax and visiting the zoo that is very beautiful and eat their typical sweets such the panela con mani and sweets panela coconut
In conclusion the city Loja is beautiful and the people is nice the zoo and park is turistic beautifulWritten January 7, 2021
- Impressive building inside and outside situated in a square with a wonderful clocktower and fountain. Don't pass it by without going inside.Written February 19, 2019
- Well Mangahurco is a little town very far away.
1st: I recommend to take a guided tour to get here It is easier, If you don´t like easy them you have to take a bus from Loja city, the Bus company is Cariamanga and the days that are high demand they have 3 schedules 12am, 730am, 1030am It took me almost 8 hours to get to Zapotillo where you have to take a truck (if you have the chance to go with more people¨-Group or local- you have 2 pay like 10 dollars but if you are not them the ride its 60-70 dollars, because is almost 2 hours drive in a very sandy rally type road.
To go back there is a bus that leaves at 430pm but you have to pay the ticket at 10am when it arrives otherways you wont have a seat.
2nd: They are just starting to have a lot of visitors and they have the experience to deal with it. So be patient, Where i recommend to eat it a street that has a little declination where a Lady put tables outside on the street, she is very nice with customers and cooks a really Good Chivo al Hueco (lamb cook in a hole).
3th: It is really hot well for me It was take sunblock, buy a Ecuadorian panama hat ;) and water it is important. I didnt use a sleeping bag just the foam mat.
4th: the reason i recommend to take a tour it is because they also take you to Inca´s bath. i didn´t have the chancee to get there so sad :(
Thats it I guess enjoyWritten January 24, 2018
- The museum is a little ways from downtown but very walkable if you don’t mind an uphill climb. There is a rich variety of indigenous artifacts from various ages.Written April 3, 2020
- Renovated with cobbles and highly decorated properties - only a short walk but well worth it whilst in Loja.
No charge to walk there.Written February 19, 2019
- Loja has many beautiful churches, but this one has so much history! The park in front of the church is one of my favorites in the city. It's particularly peaceful, with beautiful flowers, an historical monument, in a somewhat quieter neighborhood int he heart of Loja. Don't miss it!Written February 25, 2020
- Perfect place yo buy all the things you Need and eat well In the same time. Visit
Mercado central lojaWritten July 14, 2019
- Large Plaza with clock tower and fountain - nice to spend time just sitting and people watching of an evening. - Cathedral De Loja at one side.Written February 19, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Loja
Loja Attractions Information
|Friday 9:59 PM|