Top Attractions in Palaiochora
What travelers are saying
- Visited this beach many times on our trips to Paleochora. It’s about a 4km walk from the centre but is accessible by car.
They always have plenty of sunbeds, either for use with umbrellas or for use with the shade of the trees. This is more of a small pebble beach than sandy, and the sunbeds are extremely reasonable.
There is great canteen there which do a variety of local dishes. The beach and canteen staff are always friendly and accommodating.Written September 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a wide-open beach surrounded by sand dunes. The beach is uncluttered with chairs and umbrellas giving you a quiet place to sun and swim.Written September 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The beach is obviously a must for those staying in Palaiochora. The staff at the Zephyros bech was extremely nice and helpful, the cocktails tasty and the sea clean, alternating between small and big waves on different days for different tastes....Written August 29, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good sun beds and parasols on the water's edge
Nice beach bar - and surprisingly pleasant public toilets.Written September 21, 2022
- Excellent small beach with chairs umbrellas and a snack bar. Plenty of parking. Just a small distance from town. Boulders go out good ways on both sides providing shelter if a little windy. Was not crowded when we went. Great afternoon of swimming and sunning.Written September 27, 2022
- Lovely, small pebbly cove with crystal clear waters which is great for snorkelling & diving. The taverna opposite serve you drinks & food on the beach too & the sun beds & parasols are free if you buy drinks.Written September 19, 2019
- We were here at the beginning of November 2017 and found the water too cold for our liking, but we did see a few people swimming in the very clear water every day. The beach wasn't busy but there usually were a dozen or more sunbathers whenever we came by.
What we liked best is that it's perfect for sunbathing with a backdrop of marvellous coastal scenery.Written May 3, 2018
- Beautiful church in the adorable town of Paleochora! This village was recommended to us and we were so happy that we made the one hour+, beautiful, curvy, mountainous drive. The church is a worthwhile stop, very beautiful!Written July 21, 2022
- Not much left from this fort, but it’s a 2 minutes “climb” from downtown and it offers a superb view on the town and its surroundings. No reason not to do it!Written June 15, 2021
- We found this little beach while walking between Sougia and Paleochora the view is amazing from the top. Also it has ruins of an old city and old water spring that is considered healing. You can take photo and go swim on the beach and if you are too tired you take the boat to come back to Paleochora or SougiaWritten August 26, 2017
- The Museum for the Acritans of Europe is a little ethnographical museum.
It is a museum unique in the world. With its exhibits and educational material it proves the common cultural heritage of the peoples of Europe.
The museum is located in a little road behind restaurant ThirdEye, close to Pachia Ammos Beach.
Be aware, that opening hours can be different and can be reduced in the winter time.Written October 24, 2019
- We booked a full day private tour from Paleochora to Loutro. Booking online was super easy and Nikos was extremely helpful with suggestions and very responsive to my emails. Captain Manos was our guide and he was the perfect balance of professional, yet warm and friendly. We stopped at a few different beaches, had a lovely coffee in Loutro, and then went to a very special spot for lunch. Lunch was provided by a gentleman (also named Nikos) who has a summer retreat that you can only get too by boat. There are goats frolicking and everything is made from scratch with love including the wine, the cheese for the salad, and even the salt. It was a magical place completely off the beaten path. We had an amazing day and would do it all again in a heartbeat!Written August 31, 2022
- A big thank you to Eva and costas for making my trip so wonderful. They were incredibly knowledgeable patient and professional. Took me on the adventure of a lifetime. Very reasonable pricing and really fun experience. Highly recommendWritten September 23, 2022
- This week we completed both the Night Safari and the White Mountains Safari with Yannis and cannot recommend highly enough. Excellent driving, personality, awesome sights and fantastic homemade food! Paleochora Safari shouldn’t be missed we will be back for sure! ❤️Written September 21, 2018
- I booked a boat tour to Lissos through the company. They connected me with a local captain and he was a great find. We sailed for several hours, docked at few beaches and explored the ancient ruins of Lissos. Captain George was also a fantastic tour guide and explained about the history of the people of this land. The staff at the shop was fantastic, took their time to explain the different options of what to do. I highly recommend them. I will be booking the rest of my excursions in Paleochora through them for sure.Written June 5, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Palaiochora
Palaiochora Attractions Information
|Number of Reviews||1,267|
|Number of Photos||1,557|
|Local Time||Thursday 10:23 AM|