*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Great attraction in Alvor. Easily accessible and close to the Main Street. You can follow the boardwalk and do a loop or keep going on the trail to explore the lighthouse at the end of the pier. Plenty of walkers and runners out enjoying the sceneryWritten August 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- the views of the cliffs were amazing! beach was good there’s space to go in the shade and in the sun, sun loungers were a good bonus. would recommend making reservations for the restaurants along the
beach as they get filled up!Written August 24, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The water is clean and has a transparent colour. However, the water of the Atlantic Ocean can be very cold in this area. Even so, it can be refreshing to swim here on a hot summer day. Beware that the current on this beach can be strong. Be careful in the water when you are visiting with small children. Also watch out on the eastern end of the beach, since there are some big rocks in the water. It is best to avoid swimming near the rocks. There are no rocks in the water on the western side and in the middle section. The beach can be crowded, especially during the summer months. However, there is always enough space for everyone. Also, the people are not evenly distributed on the beach. The beach has both crowded and quiet areas. The most crowded part is the middle section. The more east or west you go from there, the less crowded it will get. If you prefer to have more privacy on the beach, avoid the middle section. The beach attracts all kinds of visitors, including families with children. The sandy beach is quite popular with kids to build sandcastles and to play in the sand.Written August 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A most beautiful church, people getting it ready for a wedding with beautiful flowers on isle way, amazing statues , on altar
Pray For Peace in Our WorldWritten June 4, 2023
- This church is very peaceful and tranquill a beautiful old church and an oasis of peace and calm lovely to sit here in peaceful surroundingsWritten May 14, 2023
- Amazing little beach. Yes it is a bit of a walk along the track to get to it but it is stunning. Plenty of nude and gay men bathing so you can relax and enjoy the water. While it is a sheltered bay, there is a current and a shelf that drops suddenly Into much deeper water.Written September 5, 2023
- Sandpits make a pretty picture at low tide. Not a lot of birds in November but pleasant nonetheless for a good walk. The sand is fine and pristine clean from afar. You can see locals digging for seafood at low tide.Written November 15, 2022
- What a beautiful winery! This vineyard has been in the same family for over 300 years. Over that time, they have established wonderful gardens with an abundance of different plants from different parts of the world. I didn't expect to see Sequoia trees in Portugal. The love and care that the family and its employees have put into this property is stellar. The 45 tour of the gardens is well worth it. And then it comes to the wine tasting. While this vineyard is best known for its green wines and brandies, the tasting does include samples of red wines from other estates. Samples of various cheeses are also offered. The gift shop offers just about anything that a visitor would want.Written September 13, 2023
- We have used TTaxi several times and always on time, clean vehicles and friendly drivers. Would always use them in the future.Written September 20, 2023
- My husband and I both visited the spa on our recent holiday, and both had the full body massage. We were highly impressed with the level of expertise and professionalism and had the most relaxing experience. I would highly recommend Swan Day Spa to anyone visiting Alvor.Written June 8, 2023
- especially for kids. There is even a toilet for kids. A tiny one and ever so cute. Leafy and shady, a park worth going into to eat your ice cream or have a picnic. Clean toilets on site. Also ‘remains’ of the castle.Written March 29, 2022
- I find it very interesting to visit grave site in old villages just to see the names and how far the dates go back in time, some beautiful headstones.Written February 10, 2023
- Used this company when my flight was disrupted. Initially flight was delayed and they were exceptionally helpful in organising a taxi, then my flight was cancelled and they were again very helpful in organising a transfer for the following day. So efficient, when I needed it. Thanks for the great service.Written September 18, 2023
- In my opinion the Best Bar in Alvor. Staff are so friendly. Great variety of drinks and cocktails.
Great value for money,drinks are very reasonable prices and even better during happy hour (2 hours) . Great choice of cocktails,which all tasted fantastic.definitely recommend a visit,what a lovely welcoming bar . 🍻 Cheers 🍹Written August 7, 2023
- This is a beautiful little church is situated just outside the Cemeterio De Alvor and is worth visiting on the way to the cemetery. It's small, only about room for 20 or so people, but has a simple but beautiful Altar. Pause and reflect here before going next door to the cemetery.Written October 15, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Alvor
- The best outdoor activities in Alvor according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Alvor on Tripadvisor