Top Attractions in Ostuni
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- A charming uphill town in Puglia, also called the 'White Town'.
Take 1-2 hours to stroll through the small streets and vistit some of the monuments and churches.Written August 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were on the tour yesterday afternoon and it was wonderful! Our guide was charming and thorough, answering all our questions. The tour of the orchard was amazing, but the tour of the pressing methods over the centuries was really eye opening. The fact that they stick to their values and put the best processes above fast profits is very obvious. The tasting at the end was fantastic!!Written July 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Cathedral of Ostuni (Duomo di Ostuni or Basilica di Santa Maria Assunta) was originally built as an Orthodox church around the year 1,000.
This first church was replaced a Romanesque building during the first half of the 13th century and finally rebuilt in Gothic style during the late 15th century.
The façade acquired its elegant rose window in the 15th century.
The interior has a number of artworks that covered the ceiling and altars.
Admission is free, although a (small) donation will always be appreciated.Written August 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice facilities with very friendly and helpful staff. I normally hate the beach (but go for my kids) — but this place makes going to the beach easy and enjoyable (chairs, umbrellas, food, showers, etc.). Also the water was not too cold and was shallow for very far out so it is more safe for the kids — plus there is a lifeguard.Written June 27, 2022
- This is a great location for a coffee break and people watching. Shops line the square and it serves as the center of the town.Written October 15, 2021
- Nice beach, it was easy to find and it has free parking. There was no one there when we first arrived. The sun was out and the water was wonderfulWritten October 12, 2017
- Great area to select a cove by the sea. Views over the sea, towers. Some areas have facilities if you want. But the main attraction is that you can have a nice quiet time by the sea away from the crowds and enjoy nature.Written October 6, 2019
- This church has amazing roofs, typical of the region. The entrance dominates the biggest place of the city.Written August 26, 2020
- Beautiful beach near Ostuni. The beach is actually stunning and immerse in maquis shrubland. You can both rent sunbeds and parasol or decide to bring your own (i.e no fee for laying on the beach is required). I recommend this place if you are traveling near Ostuni.Written July 30, 2017
- We found our perfect beach here and came back again and again. The sea was calm and clear and we were protected from the wind. It was protected enough for tiny tots to enjoy the water and the grown ups could swim far out easily. I read a previous review that said it was dirty. I found quite the opposite although cigarette butts are a problem everywhere. All the people I saw were respectful and put their rubbish in the bins. Our last day was a Saturday and the beach had been cleaned early in the morning. We were there in early September so I guess we missed the crowds.Written November 7, 2018
- Worth a visit. Impressively tall and imposing in the lovely main square filled with history. From the base, there's a lovely view of the cathedral at the tip of this hill town.Written October 22, 2019
- We visited out of season at Easter which meant we had the place to ourselves which is pretty rare these days for such a fantastic place with sand dunes and endless white beachWritten April 19, 2017
- The Arco was originally a wooden bridge between the palaces of the Bishop and the Seminary and was replaced by a stone structure to provide a safer connection.
Some say it looks a bit like a bridge in Venice, outhough there is no canal underneath it.Written August 3, 2022
- Very exclusive city. Its name is Ostuni the white city, and it is really white. Ancient and very particular. In the centre you can go to one of the bars or restaurants. You can visit museums and churches. In the shops, you can ( must) buy the typical very Good food and wines. Maxbugatti.Written July 28, 2019
- A vibrant market selling all the seasonal fruit and vegetables from the surrounding area. Very cheap and fun to explore. There is also a huge clothes section with new and second hand clothes. Everything from belts and underwear to shoes and coats and everything in betweenWritten February 27, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Ostuni
- The best day trips from Ostuni according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Ostuni, Alberobello and Polignano a Mare Independent Tour. Departing from Lecce
- Day Tour of Ostuni, Martina Franca, Alberobello from Bari
- Charming Apulia Exclusive and customized tours
- Private Half-Day Wine Tour from Ostuni with Lunch
- Full day tour in Valle d'Itria: Alberobello and Polignano a Mare