What travelers are saying
- OMG! The Bean Point Beach is by far the clearest water I've ever seen in any ocean or sea. The water temperature was a little warm.
Seen a manatee sailing by.Written September 19, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful gulf beach with outstanding facilities and plenty of parking. Went there on a Saturday and there was lots of open space on the beach. Highly recommend.Written September 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Bradenton Beach is a beautiful beach. You can walk for miles.
They have a fishing pier. Beach restaurants and rentals.
There are multiple beaches all connected. Ample parking for miles from Cortez Beach down towards Siesta Beach. Tons to do in walking distance. There are bars, restaurants, coffee shops, ice cream shops, shopping, gift shops, rentals for het skis, boats, and more. Sunset cruises, dolphin cruises, and more. A great place to relax or get a group of people and have your beach party. Absolute paradise!
Always small shells on the beach, at times bigger ones, and for the first time in a while, sand dollars. They seem to not be common on the gulf side.Written October 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the best beaches I’ve ever been at!
Beautiful, calm, clear and warm water, no waves, white sand, easy access.
We saw a manatee and groups of dolphins pretty close!!!Written October 5, 2023
- Great little museum and information about the island. Great staff, friendly and great with our child. Definitely a sight to see on Anna Maria.Written August 8, 2023
- Great nature walk. Highly recommend. We saw lots of birds and crabs etc. Highly recommend for families.Written June 25, 2023
- We went on sunset and it was beautiful (besides the bad smell).
We had some beers at the bar and drank them on the dock by the sea full of fish watching the sunset.
There was live music, but when we got there it was done already.Written October 5, 2023
- I took the free trolley to Coquina Beach and crossed the street to get to Leffis Key Preserve - I met some really nice people here who gave me some "pointers" and advice about my camera. I will definitely return. The top part of the trail is awesome - neat overlook. Also, I loved being near the water and walking on the boardwalk through all of the trees. A "MUST SEE" for all nature lovers.Written April 29, 2023
- Nice long pier with great views of the sound. Nice way to see the backside of the island. Water around the pier is so clear. You can see lots of fish and marine life. If you’re staying in the area, definitely walk through and see this.Written August 9, 2023
- Free, ample parking. Wonderful, warm, light blue clear water. The beach is pretty flat so it’s easy to get in and out of the water. It was clean water; just some seaweed. Nice store and snack spot.Written June 29, 2023
- Enjoyable long standing (74th season;1949) community theatre. A small theatre of less than 150 seats set in an historic island house at the corner of Gulf Drive and Pine avenue. The seating is very comfortable with excellent sight lines and sound. The pricing is quite reasonable with tickets available online or from the theatre box office. Usually several productions throughout the year. Check their website for production and pricing details. Coupled with a pre-show dinner makes for a unique and enjoyable AMI evening.Written March 16, 2023
- You can fish, bird watch, eat at AMOB, or just walk. Great views.
I just liked to watch the boats and the birds. Fun time !Written September 14, 2022
- Beautiful water and beach. Very busy for me. Anna maria island has public beach access every two blocks so the crowds are pretty disbursed.
The signs on the beach state no animals, you can totally disregard this as many dogs on the beach. Wish I knew this prior, I would have brought mine. So much for playing by the rules.
Restaurants pretty overpriced for what you get.
Condos vary in costs. We had a two bedroom for about 2500 for a week.
There was one similar next door that I almost booked for 5k. Shop around.Written July 18, 2023
- We have been going to this area for almost 15 years now and it never gets old! We love the holiday time at Bridge Street for the tree lighting and the best gourmet hot chocolate at Back Alley. We head over to Fishin' hole for very competitive mini golf after that. So many cute shops along this street and a large candy store with homemade fudge you can buy by the slab. We do the rooftop on Daiquiri Deck sometimes but really like bridge tenders at the east end where you can site right at the water. Low key and food is great. They have golf cart/trolleys that can pick you up as parking is as hard to find as Jimmy Hoffa. if you park where you shouldn't get out your checkbook. My brother grabbed these shots on an early stroll to go fishingWritten December 2, 2023
- Pine Avenue and the Historic Green Village has subtle charm. Benches, a deli, front porches, and sustainable landscaping makes it a unique place for fine, as in healthy, dining and home town relaxation. With a view from Tampa bay to the Gulf of Mexico it is an interesting place to shop while on vacation. Be sure to walk the length of Pine Avenue to take it all in, then, keep coming back to find out more!!!Written January 31, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Anna Maria Island