Points of Interest & Landmarks • Castles
Popular things to do
- Day Cruises
- Ports of Call Tours
- Historic Sites
- Day Trips
- Bus Tours
- Churches & Cathedrals
- City Tours
- Cultural Tours
- Sacred & Religious Sites
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Walking Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Ancient Ruins
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Monuments & Statues
- Sporting Events
- Transfers & Ground Transport
- Architectural Buildings
- Yoga Classes
Top Attractions in Rhodes Town
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- We were the first to arrive and had the place to ourselves with some wonderful photos without swarms of tourists. You will queue for ages if you leave it until later so factor that in and get organised.
Once inside, the architecture is just beautiful.
There's the 'broken pot' museum stuff on the ground floor but upstairs are some stunning rooms and amazing vistas.
Buy the multi-ticket to get you into the other venues. Well worth it.Written August 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is a beautiful medieval old town. Take your time to explore outside of the standard turist streets. People do really live here and the city is alive. There is black golf carts that works like fre busses to easily get around.
We rented an airbnb and stayed inside city walls and it's really different when outside the tourist areas and when before/after the tourists come inWritten August 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I wish it was more information on the hospital and a general overview of the time periods in rhodes.
There is many rooms with a lot of ancient artifacts from all periods and a lot of old prayer boards or tombstones.Written August 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We started from the top and walked through the castle and down the streets.
A beautiful part of the town, with many stores and restaurants.Written July 29, 2022
- good marine views nexr to the place where the great colusses of rhodes used to stand, lots of cruises are departering from that areaWritten July 31, 2022
- Impressive place - really atmospheric and beautiful street. Enjoyed walking along to the old town - great for photos! Go early to avoid the crowds…Written August 8, 2022
- Spent the afternoon there with the family. Chairs for rent currently 6€ each. Nice palapas included. Beach is a mix of coarse sand and rocks. As is typical, very hot. Bring shoes if some sort. Food and drinks available from beach vendors walking around. Once there you don’t have to leave. Water clear. Parking as far as I could see is free but you have to find a spot. Worth a visit especially if you’re staying locally. Many of the other “famous” beaches are a car trip (we stayed in the medieval city and it was 45 minutes to Tsambika. Maybe 20-25 to faliraki). RecommendWritten July 6, 2022
- Yes, the acropolis was in scaffolding but the gymnasium arena was splendid. We spent a lovely hour just taking it all in. It's FREE, so wander about and get some good photos. We walked from here back into town for lunch.Written August 9, 2022
- The synagogue is beautiful. It's unfortunate that the current Jewish community in Rhodes (which used to comprise several thousand) is so small that it is only used in summer when there are enough tourists to make up the necessary quorum for holding prayers. The museum, in the same building, is very informative about the former Jewish community. Sometimes there are guided tours of the Jewish quarter, but not this year.Written June 21, 2022
- Well worth a visit gives you amazing 360 degree views over the old town - highest point so you can see everything. The free drink is also a great bonus :-)Written May 30, 2022
- It is adjoining the Rhodes Acropolis and is an exciting bit of history. Difficult to believe it lasted thousands of years when you look at today's building quality which lasts less than your mortgage 😂🤣 You would say we could take the ancients as an example and do a better job than now.
Good to see when in Rhodes capital and a great addition to your day out.Written August 9, 2022
- strange, there is no colossus here. There hasn't been one for over 1,000 years. Many debunk that there was even a colossus in this location. But as the entrance to the old port, the place is beautifulWritten July 17, 2022
- This is one of the best museums we have been to in Rhodes. The museum is part of the synagogue complex - only a few rooms, but loads of information and presented really well. Unlike any other museum in Rhodes, the English descriptions were really well written and informative. There is a really good video with testimony from a descendant of the pre WW2 jewish community.
The museum is really well presented and well thought out. This should be on anyone's list of things to see in Rhodes.Written August 8, 2022
- Located at Mandraki Harbour, St. Nicholas Fortress is quite impressive to see, although we were not able to tour it. It was built to defend the harbour.Written December 19, 2021
- We travelled from pefkos for the day and followed the map on our mobile phone.
We enjoyed the old town and just ambled around at our own pace.
We had refreshments in a lovely little restaurant just off the main drag.
We ended the day looking around the port area.Written July 22, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Rhodes Town
- The top attractions to visit in Rhodes Town are:
- Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes
- Medieval City
- Archaeological Museum of Rhodes (Hospital of the Knights)
- Old Town of Rhodes
- Mandraki Harbour
- The best day trips from Rhodes Town according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Romantika All inclusive Day Cruise
- Fast Boat To Symi with a swimming stop at St George's Bay! (Only 1hr journey)
- Private Full-Day Cruise in Greece with Lunch
- Boat Trip to LINDOS with Swimming Stops at Anthony Quinn's & Tsambika Bays
- Boat Trip to Symi Island with swimming stop at St George Bay