Top Attractions in Hopkins
What travelers are saying
- Great dive on Glover's Reef, saw great variety of fish, coral, sponges, turtles and spotted eagle rays.Written July 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As you wonder down the street in Hopkins, stop in and shop. friendly people and lovely items to choose from.Written November 5, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went to 3 p.m. mass here on July 17, 2022. Because the priest had contracted COVID the day before, mass was turned into the Liturgy of the Word and communion service by lay ministers -- using previously consecrated hosts in the tabernacle. It was inspiring to see a modest building filled with the love of Christ.Written July 20, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beans and Lar were by far the BEST guides. Group of 6 went out hand line fishing (caught a bunch of red snapper for lunch) and then snorkeled the reef. Had an amazing time hanging out and showing us the sites.Written August 3, 2022
- I was in Hopkins in April where I rented a motorbike from Motorbike Rentals & Alternate Adventures. I has booked online and when I got there Emma was expecting me. She was fantastic we did the formalities then she showed me the bikes all of then were in excellent condition and clean. Emma then asked me what I was interested in and she produced a map and marked all of the points of interest
Then she gave me a local cell phone in case I got lost or had a flat or something Wow !! who ever heard of that? My last day rained so I returned the bike and Emma gave me a credit for the day I cant say enough about this place and the professional way I was treated by aWritten May 14, 2022
- “Exhilarating” – if I were to pick one word for the zipline experience that would be it. There were 9 zipline runs with the longest one spanning about a half a mile. For 2.5 miles we flew through the jungle canopy. From many of the perches where we started the flight were tremendous views of the rainforest.
The staff was professional, fun and friendly. They did a great job of explaining everything and made us feel safe.
Know before you go that there is some uphill hiking involved and climbing stairs – somewhat moderate physical exertion. You should be able to climb 3-4 flights of stairs without stopping to be comfortable with this experience. It is the jungle it will be hot and humid. Apply insect repellant.
The whole experience took somewhere around a couple of hours. Set aside a whole day to spend in the park and check out the trails and other parts of the park. We did some hiking in the rainforest – it was a great experience.
We were transported to the park by D Golden Tours from Hopkins Village. We also utilized D Golden Tours for a trip to Xunantunich. Our family of 3 traveled to Belize the first week of August in 2021. We stayed at Parrot Cove Lodge where we ate several wonderful meals at Chef Rob’s. We dove on the reefs with the SCUBA operation Belize Underwater. We played around in Hopkins Village and in the resort area on the south side of the village. I will post separate reviews on our lodging, scuba and dining experiences.Written November 15, 2021
- Great crew, dive masters and office staff. Captain gravy runs a well organized crew. Very professional. Dive master “king james”, Oscar, MarcoWritten July 10, 2022
- We had multiple large groups of high school students and adults visiting Belize this summer and used UnTame for all of our shuttles. I found them to be very easy to communicate with during the booking process, and they were always on-time with the pick-up. The students really loved the drivers and their passion for sharing facts about Belize during the drive. They also helped book some very last minute shuttles to help us out in a pinch! I was very happy with our UnTame experience and will definitely be using them again in the future, as well as recommending them to others!Written July 29, 2022
- My wife and I, along with our 4 teenage/adult children, had amazing time snorkeling with Seemore Adventures. Basil, Terry, and B.J. were fantastic guides. We left from Hopkins at 7 am, took about an hour boat ride to Glover's Reef Atol, where we spent the rest of the day snorkeling, and hanging out on a beautiful island. The snorkeling was the best we had ever experienced, filled with every color imaginable. Not only was the reef and plant life spectacular, but we saw countless different fish species, including rays and sharks. Mixed in with the three snorkels we did, was a delicious Belizean lunch and some relaxing on the beach. It was truly amazing! I would highly recommend this tour with Seemore Adventures.Written July 26, 2022
- What a beautiful business. This gift shop is an amazing art collective of art and Belizian crafts. The couple that owns it is full of light and joy. The paintings, food goodies, jewelry, bags, scarves, wood carvings, books, and toys were all stunning. I highly recommend it. The bright canvases painted by local artists were among my favorite things. Hearing the backstories of the artists was a welcomed addition to my experience in the store. The prices were fair and affordable for the items. If you're looking for a one-stop gift shop this is your place!Written July 22, 2022
- Don't limit yourself from contacting them about a special itinerary. They can do so much more than just an airport pick up!!
We reached out for info about a custom tour to see two Mayan ruins (pretty far from Belize City) for our one day in Belize from a cruise ship. They made it possible and for what we felt to be a reasonable price for 8 of us.
We were met on time, put into a really nice van and whisked away for our journey. There were two families and everyone was very comfortable. Both our driver and the guide were friendly and answered questions and shared info during the trip.
We were met by a third guide (unexpectedly) when we got to the ruins. This was only a bummer in as much as we brought limited cash and felt compelled to give him some of the tip money we'd intended for Julian's crew. But he was very knowledgeable and we loved learning about the Mayans.
Our trip may have been slightly ambitious to get to both ruins, but they got us there AND we got back to the port on time. Yay. We missed lunch but no one cared because we loved the ruins so much....wish we'd had more time.
Julian and his team were professional and helpful...both during booking and during our trip. I'd recommend them whole heartedly and will contact them again on our next trip to Belize. Five stars from us!!!Written January 7, 2022
- I contacted Josie as part of my trip planning. I set up transportation through her for our group of 6 to be picked up and then dropped off at the airport for our vacation. I also booked two tours through her company, along with securing a golf cart rental. Josie and her staff offered a very personalized vacation experience for us. She was always immediately responsive, helped out with information, made recommendations without being pushy, and I felt went out of her way to ensure my family had a good time. She even dropped by to visit with us one day and make sure all was going as planned. I had no issues with communicating with her, she was always prompt, and everything was exactly as she stated it would be.
We had some travel delays at the start of our trip and Josie and team were able to adjust accordingly and shift our scheduled tours and transportation. No issues, no upcharges, just a simple here is what we are gonna do to fix your schedule. It was great. The van used to transport us was new, clean, A/C great, and was mechanically sound and comfortable.
We did two tours. The first one was the ATV ride to the waterfall. We had so much fun on this excursion as we ripped through the area on our way to the waterfall. The waterfall itself was a lot of fun and we got some great pictures of our family. We do wish we could have stayed longer at the waterfall, so if that is possible when you book, then I do suggest it. We also got very muddy on the ride because we did choose to hit the mudholes without slowing down. :) They do provide you with a helmet and goggles, both are mandatory to wear. The goggles do fit over your glasses so do not worry about that. If you take this tour, you may also want to bring a bandana or something of the sort to tie around your mouth/nose as dirt/dust does get kicked up quite heavy. We did not have these things, I did not mind, however just info sharing in case you do!
The second tour we did was Tikal. This excursion makes a VERY LONG day. I would put this trip in middle of your stay with a complete day of nothingness the following day so you can just recover. It is a lot of hours on the road...a LOT. However, myself and my group were still happy we did it. Arriving at Tikal, seeing and hearing the history provided by the tour guide, climbing high up on the pyramids and enjoying the expansive view...it truly was a once in a lifetime experience for us. I do not regret it for a second. Do not forget your bug spray and sunblock. Just be prepared for the extensive time in the van traveling to and from. There also were some good food stops along the way, your driver will take care of you.
I do recommend this company for booking your tours and transportation. Always available by phone or email, everything delivered as promised, no delays, nothing misleading. They are a local family-owned company, and they are doing a great job.Written June 11, 2022
- What an incredible day!! The staff are fantastic, the food is awesome and the drinks are flowing! And the snorkeling... spectacular!! Definitely a must experience while in Belize, especially if you’re in the Hopkins area!Written May 10, 2021
- We enjoyed our time with Golden. We took the tour to see the Xunantunich Mayan ruins and the Blue Hole (the one inland). He’s a very pleasant person and super knowledgeable, you can ask him anything about his country and he will have an answer. We highly recommend that you take a tour with him to see his beautiful country that is Belize.Written June 6, 2022
- I went to Belize for birding and Charlie is an absolutely fantastic guide!!! I'd had a number of sightings in other areas of my trip so Charlie had his work cut out for him to get me new lifers - and boy did he do that. Great guiding immediately around Hopkins as well as in Cockscomb, he even came back to my hotel to grab me later in the day as he'd found a bird I'd been looking for. He'g got a great sense of humor and often describes birds very "colorfully". A great experience!!!Written April 3, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Hopkins
- The best day trips from Hopkins according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Cockscomb Wildlife Sanctuary
- Cave Tubing at Saint Herman's Cave
- Xunantunich and Inland Blue Hole Tour
- Xunantunich Mayan Ruin and Blue Hole Combo Tour
- Xunantunich, Cave Tubing & Ziplining from Hopkins
- The most popular things to do in Hopkins with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Happy Go Luckie Tours
- Seemore Adventures – Dive & Adventure Shop
- Get To Know Belize Adventures
- The Cat's Meow Tours
- Palmento Grove Cultural & Fishing Lodge