What travelers are saying
- What a great day out. The museum is immaculate and full of fantastic things to see, including a walk through a post WW11 submarine. There are many interactive exhibits and there is even a Polaris missile in the museum. Highly recommendedWritten August 13, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very cool and interesting museum. We never had an interest in diving but found it very interesting. The staff were so lovely and knowledgeable and happy to answer questions.
Lovely little gift area too. The 3 of us loved it and would recommend it. Thanks guys.Written September 14, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a great addition to the historic dockyard in Portsmouth. It can be driven to or you can take the boat across from the dockyard and this is scheduled at set times. Unfortunately, some of the interactive displays weren’t available but there was still plenty to see and read about. We also visited the cafe that is located inside the main building and tea and coffee is reasonably priced and there is a small amount of food available also.
Well worth a visit especially if you have the all inclusive ticket as part of the historic dockyard.Written July 23, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful place. The people there do interact with visitors. The scribe was especially good. Had an excellent way of describing his work, which was both informative and easy to follow.Written September 17, 2023
- Visited with our 6yr old Gandson on a September Heritage open day - in past years hovercraft rides were available from the slipway opposite but unfortunately they no longer operate for some reason. Although it was a rainy day, exhibits are mostly inside/under cover. Grandson said he had a great day out - especially sitting in the James Bond hovercraft from the film Die Another Day and walking around inside the massive cross channel SRN4. Unfortunately due to their large size many exhibits are stored outside, suffer from weather exposure and look rather sad and neglected. All volunteers we encountered were helpful and enthusiastic. The museum is well worth a visit in my opinion, if only to see how we were once at the forefront of design and technology.Written September 12, 2023
- The Submarine museum is a great museum with some very good exhibits.. The tour of the Alliance was an excellent experience for two reasons ... 1st the guides were very informative and approachable and 2nd this was my Dad's last boat in the service and the one he spoke most fondly of .... that aside its a must seeWritten August 30, 2023
- Very quick and easy to get on and off From Gosport to Portsmouth . love that a return ticket and be used for the next week. Friendly staff. Very clean.Written June 13, 2023
- We have family living in Lee-on-the-Solent and visit regularly. It is a small town with a few shops, cafes, restaurants and charity shops.
There is a long blustery promenade with great views of the Solent and the Isle of Wight. The restaurant On the Water is worth a stop for a drink or a meal at any time of the day. We have had breakfast there, which was very good.
The Hovercraft museum is worth a visit if you are interested in that sort of thing, but you need to check opening times.
Close by is the Daedalus airfield where you can watch the planes take off from the Cafe 05. If you are lucky, you might manage to catch a Spitfire that does sorties from there.
The Bun Penny is good for a pinnt and serves good food.
There is a new tap room on the main street that has an interesting range of beers on tap. Well worth a visit.
For children there are paks on the promenade and an amusement arcade. I can have a lot of fun on the 2p push machines!!!
All in all, well worth a visit.
Steve and Anita in Mallorca
See us on YouTubeWritten September 1, 2023
- Enjoyable place to walk along with not too many people crowding the promenade like Southsea or Lee On The Solent.Written March 5, 2023
- The lovely staff here were kind enough to open up the library especially for my Cub Pack after hours so they could explore the library's facilities and the local knowledge museum on site. The two staff were brilliant and everything on offer was excellentWritten October 9, 2021
- A Green oasis in a rural setting, this is an ideal escape from modern living allowing you to get back to nature. A wildlife haven located in Gosport next to the Alver Valley country parkWritten June 11, 2022
- I enjoyed walking through the country park. For me there were too many dogs of the lead to make it totally relaxing.Written April 25, 2023
- Absolutely loved it here, could not recommend more.
The staff were very friendly and the beer wasn’t too shabby either ;)Written February 24, 2023
- We came across The Art Pod on a visit round the Royal Clarence Yard on Heritage weekend. It was pouring with rain, but we were made welcome and discussed the reasons for moving from Lee, the many art classes and services offered, enjoyed looking at some of the art work on display with a very local and seaside flavour to it, and our hopes to return again.
Worth a visit - particularly with Christmas approaching, not only for buying some art work, but for booking a course to give as a present to a budding artist.Written September 14, 2016
- I’ve now been to wild wonderland 3 times since it opened. I like it as it’s a little different to the other soft play centres in the area. I love the fact as well as the small frame there are loads of floor activities for the little ones, tents, tunnels, crash mats, hoops and just a big space for them to run wild! . We also went went they had the Halloween photo shoot by outside inside photography which was good.
Shame there are not a few more seats (not sure where they would put them though) but for me at the moment my little one is too little for me to sit and drink coffee anyway!!Written January 2, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Gosport
Gosport Attractions Information