- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
3 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- A huge thank you to dwayne and kevin for this superb first dive! What happiness for this moment of sharing and exchange! Don't hesitateWritten May 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Excellent diving with Corn Island Dive Center. While many beaches on Corn Island are covered in trash and plastic bottles, the reefs were surprisingly clean. There were not a ton of fish but the coral was very vibrant and healthy. My husband was allowed to lionfish hunt, but luckily for the reefs, did not find a lot. The staff was excellent - very friendly and knowledgeable about the reefs.Written March 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had 2 days of good dives with Chema, the owner of Nautilus. Two of us had been on many dives prior to this, while two of us were freshly certified. Chema gave special attention to the new divers, helping them with their equipment both on and off the boat. A storm had just been through and the water was still a bit rough, but we were still able to have a good time. The reef is in pretty good shape, but there were not as many fish as other places we have been, possibly because of the recent storm.
The dive shop itself is pretty small and a bit run down, but still very functional. It not in any better or worse repair than anything else on Big Corn Island. We brought our own masks, snorkels, fins, and dive watches. The BCDs and regulators they have to rent are not the latest and greatest, but they are all in working order. It's a short walk from the dive shop to the boat, which is a panga big enough for the dive master, the captain, and about 5 divers and tanks. They hauled all our equipment to and from the boat and rinsed everything for us when we were done.
We had hoped to visit Blowing Rock, but the water was still too rough from the recent storm so we wound up not diving at all the third day and just snorkeling off the north end by Anastacia's which was fairly good.
Bottom line, we're not likely to visit Big Corn Island again just for scuba, but if we do wind up there again we'll probably dive with Nautilus.Written February 2, 2014This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Big Corn Island
- These places are best for scuba & snorkeling in Big Corn Island:See more scuba & snorkeling in Big Corn Island on Tripadvisor