Top Attractions in Weligama
What travelers are saying
- Weligama beach is large so it rarely feels too crowded. There's plenty of space on the beach itself, and in the water. There are no rocks or reefs either so its relatively safe for surfing. The only problem is the litter and local water pollution. After a day of swimming my shorts are brown from all the dirt in the water. If you go swimming, you'll feel plastic moving around near your feet (especially after heavy rains). There is next to no underwater visibility. So for swimming or snorkelling, you just need to get a Tuk Tuk to one of the many other nice beaches in the area. But for beginner or intermediate surfers its the best spot in the area.Written December 18, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is a statue of a King who died of a skin rash but a noble being, therefore his statue was erected on a ancient rock near a Bo-tree and up to today people visit to worship.Written August 26, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Gihan, Danu and especially Janaka were all exceptional. They were friendly, genuine and helpful and make valuable suggestions to our itinerary. They made an already amazing holiday, a truly unforgettable one. We can't thank you enough.Written May 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best surf school on Weligama! Thanks for the service and for the coach Santa :)
I had great and wonderful experience during the two weeks, I’ll recommend to my friends.
Huge gratitude!Written November 3, 2022
- Lucky's made my very first surfing experience absolutely unforgettable. I went to weligama with three friends, one of them British. All four of us were treated very well and really well taken care of. Our surf lessons were with Santha, Janaka and Sandaru, who were all extremely attentive, patient and very encouraging. They were all so invested in our success.
Everybody there had a perfect mix of being professional but also friendly and inclusive with a lot of joking around. My friend Leila, who has been surfing before in England and France, said that these surf lessons with these instructors were her best experience so far, and she even managed to progress to the next stage with such attentive instructors!
10/10 would recommend to anybody visiting weligama, and 100% planning on heading back there whenever i get the chance. They made it feel like so much more than just 1.5 hour long surf lessons. Santha even demonstrated some very cool self defense moves for us! Never thought I'd miss people I only spent two days with. Well worth the money spent!Written November 30, 2022
- Had the best time learning how to surf. We had 4 kids all try surfing for the first time and all were successful riding the waves like pros. Weligama Bay is the perfect spot for the beach relaxing and surfing all hours of the day. Had a great time.
Pradeep had a great team teaching us and was great to work with.Written December 27, 2021