Top Attractions in Nanyuki Town
What travelers are saying
- This nature conservancy is not to be missed. Where else can you get licked by a cheetah, feed a baby gazelle or pet a warthog?
It’s a great way to spend some time up close to animals and actually pet them. The pigmy hippo won my heart and it was great fun feeding an ostrich!Written August 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A wonderful experience
guides know their stuff and are very accommodating
Beautiful (but tiring)walk through the forest.
Jumping into the pools was the highlight of the trip, though the water is not as advertised- definitely not blue or clearWritten June 16, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- In April 2022, we visited Ol Jogi conservancy.
The landscape is very fine and varied with a wonderful red dazzling canyon.
We also visited:
- the animal orphanage. We saw white rhinos, cheetahs, African wild dogs, many colourful birds
- the center of patrol dogs against poaching
We Highy recommend to visit Ol Jogi conservancy!!!Written May 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The equator is cool and its fun to get a photo near the sign. But the real treat here are the souvenir shops. The prices and selections here are much better than in Nairobi. There is also less pressure once you get into a shop so its also a slightly more relaxing experience than in Nairobi or some other more popular places. If you spend enough time here the sellers will give you a little tour of the area out back where some of them do the carvings.Written October 27, 2022
- It was good to visit the school and see the progress being done with the newer school building. .... A lot of work and support is still very much needed here for the kids, but the teachers are dedicated and doing their best with what they have. Meeting the kids was a blast and we enjoyed interacting with them.Written July 5, 2018
- If you love animals and love seeing them in their natural habitat, this the trip for you! Our guides were very knowledgeable and worked diligently. The accommodations were fabulous including two nights in a tent! Mark and Lucy were invaluable in guiding us through the process and paperwork! Odyssey is top notch; we look forward to our next trip with them! M & RWritten November 19, 2022
- I recently hiked the Sirimon-Chogoria route with Ahambi Tours. My friends and I had an amazing experience from start to finish. Our guides, Eldad and Patrick, were knowledgeable, attentive, and very encouraging. We felt safe and taken care of during the hike. Our porters and cooks also did an amazing job ensuring that our hike was successful. Special shout out to the chefs who made all of our meals so delicious! I would highly recommend using this tour company for a successful summit of Lenana peak.Written October 27, 2022
- Do not hesitate to book your adventure to Mount Kenya with African Ascents! We spent 8 days on the mountain trekking to Point Lenana and my partner to climbing to Nelion Peak. Julian’s team are exceptionally professional and accommodating. We chose to have our meals prepared for us, which was totally worth it. They were delicious, well-balanced and packed full of fresh fruit and vegetables (exactly what we wanted after a day of hiking). Our tents were always invitingly set up by the time we reached the next camp. Our guides (Jacob and David) were incredibly knowledgable, not just about the altitude (incredibly important) and the hike itself, but about the fauna and flora, the animals and almost anything else we had to ask about Kenya. This added greatly to our experience. Our porters, camp manager and chef were all friendly and very helpful. We summited Point Lenana at sunrise at which point my partner proposed to me. African Ascents went the extra mile to help him arrange champagne for us, and to make us feel very comfortable and spoilt. It’s worth mentioning twice - if you’re planning on climbing Mount Kenya, don’t hesitate to use African Ascents. The experience they provide can’t be beat! Thank you Julian, Charlotte and the rest of the team for an unforgettable holiday. We will be back!Written November 6, 2022
- Ben was extremely professional, thoughtful, and fun! We had a great trip with Ben and he made sure that everyone was accommodated and safe. Would definitely recommend Game Africa Safaris!Written June 8, 2022
- I've visited Kenya before for work, but this time I brought the family (a mix of young kids and grandparents) and asked James Mwenda from Jemu Expeditions to organise a trip for us. The trip included Ol Pejeta Conservancy, Reteti Elephant Sanctuary, Mount Kenya and Lake Naivasha. From the moment we stepped out of Nairobi Airport, we were taken care of in the best possible manner: extremely well organised, friendly, knowledgeable, warm and responsive. He organised a trip that was perfectly suitable to our diverse group, made perfect suggestions to make it even better on the road, had everything organised to perfection and ... most importantly ... has been a really great travel companion and friend who knows the places, the people, the culture, the nature. We could not have been more happy!Written August 20, 2022
- I traveled with Wilson and Peter for 24 days to see the most wildlife I could on my meager budget. They were sweet guys, doing everything possible for me to see (and photograph) the awesome wildlife of Kenya. Honest, reliable. LONG game drives! Saw and photographed the big 5 and so many more. New species every day! Great tour company to meet your requests!Written April 7, 2022
- Met James, the owner and he was so amazing !! Such help with the friendliest smile.
All round great experience and will definitely make an extra effort to see him againWritten August 11, 2022
- Kenya is my forever home and having being away for a yr plus, a hike was something I looked forward to. I’m a lover of nature, wildlife and hiking. I was referred to WildMont Tours by a friend, i was a little skeptical as this was my first with a tour agency but this was the best decision for my vacation. What carried me away from the onset of our arrival at the airport was the professionalism expressed by their staff personnel. They received us so warmly to check us in our hotel as they meticulously and cheerfully briefed us on our upcoming itineraries for the 5day Mt Kenya Hike and 3day Maasai Mara Wildlife Safari.
Our 5day Mt Kenya Hike using the Sirimon down Chogoria route was to commence the following morning at 05.30hrs and the team to pick us was already there I think 40mins to pick up time! Our 4hr drive from Nairobi to Mt Kenya’s Sirimon’s Gate was nothing short of great experience and fun thanks to our assigned guide Mr Benson and the driver David. You guys literally ensured we missed nothing along the way! From seeing my beautiful home towns to the ever breathtaking coffee and banana plantations!
At Sirimon gate we were warmly received by another team of 4 porters and the chef who assisted us to Old Moses camp ahead of 2nd day accent to shipton camp. Our hike continued for the next 3 days. The team was very well versed with the area and very professional Oh! And the chef’s meals were super sumptuous!
The guide always ensured we acclimatized well as we ascended the mountain and making it to the peak was just glorious!! (He was even kind enough to allow us take as many pics as we desired for the gram 😊) I mean the breathtaking view of sunrise from the peak was a sight to behold!
We later headed for a 3day wildlife safari at the Maasai mara to cool off ahead our return flight. My 3 friends who had never been to Kenya were thrilled at the experience of seeing wildlife upclose. Camping in the masai mara, interacting with the local maasai people was a great experience.
Thank you Wildmont Tours for the great stay… We are most definitely coming back and with more friends!!Written August 22, 2021
- Wow, seeing the Peak, great lakes and valleys of Mt.Kenya from a Helicopter. It's a life time experience n worth a spend. Captain Andy was outstanding with the flight n tour. 👏highly recommended this experience. The helicopter is very stable n nothing to fear for people with height fobia.Written June 20, 2021
- I had a fantastic experience with Jerry’s company. Jerry went over and above to make sure I felt well looked after. He was most helpful when organising the trip and very flexible. Jerry adjusted the trip to my time restrictions and budget. He lent me all the equipment I needed, at a good price and very good quality. Peter the tour guide was also brilliant. He kept me updated at all times, a great source of information and company, made sure I took all the precautions to keep myself safe, and would find anything I needed. The porters were great- they would have the tent set up and a tea and biscuits for my arrival. The food was incredible (and plentiful!), and served promptly by the porters. One of the porters, Peter, even washed and dried my shoes and lent his portable charger. As a solo female traveller I felt very safe. The team far exceeded my expectations, I couldn’t recommend Jeremy services more.Written October 25, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Nanyuki Town
- The best outdoor activities in Nanyuki Town according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Nanyuki Town on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Nanyuki Town according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Ol Pejeta Conservancy Day Tour from Nairobi
- Day tour to Olpejeta Conservancy from Nairobi
- Day Tour To Mt. Kenya
- Day trip to Ol Pejeta conservancy from Nairobi
- Day Tour OL PEJETA Rhino & Chimpanzee Sanctuary
Nanyuki Town Attractions Information
|Local Time||Sunday 6:32 PM|