- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
7 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- The Attic is worth a peek if you are looking for art to fill a room.It is a small place that requires climbing a flight of stairs to view a large collection of mostly southern influenced paintings and drawings.Written March 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When I’m in Vicksburg, Levee Street Market Place is definitely one of my stops for fabulous finds. I have my favorite vendor’s booths that I relate to more than others. But there’s definitely something for everyone.Written January 20, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There were only a few shops. I couldn't help but feel like the outlet wouldn't last long. We enjoyed the couple of stores we went in, but overall it just felt sad.Written June 25, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Originally from Jackson, Mississippi, H.C. Porter now resides in Vicksburg and owns the H.C. Porter Gallery at 1216 Washington Street. In fact, she lives in a loft upstairs. Described as a social realist and visual artist with an emphasis on painting and photography, the 56-year-old master printmaker sells and displays mixed media originals, fine art photography, serigraphs, giclees, reproductions, posters, fine art books and merchandise. Porter says there are three elements to her work--painting, printmaking and photograph. "And what emerges is the relationship," she says. On display in her gallery are and her website are acrylic paintings created over black silkscreen prints from her original photographs, such as works on noted musicians B.B. King, Terry "Harmonica" Bean, T-Model Ford, Cadillac John and Mickey Rogers. In a recent project, Porter collaborated with the Vicksburg National Military Park to create a history Civil War painting. Another popular project was "Blues at Home: Mississippi's Living Blues Legends," featuring 31 of Mississippi's living blues musicians. She also painted "Backyards and Beyond: Mississippians and Their Stories," which documented the first year after Hurricane Katrina struck the Mississippi Gulf Coast. A trip to the H.C. Porter Gallery is an enjoyable journey into an art form that you don't often experience.Written September 7, 2019
- This place is unique and fun to visit. The fried green BLT was delicious. When your there, try one of there frozen fruit drinks, there are so many flavors to choose from!Written October 4, 2021
- Great spot to find local and current books. There is also a selection of used books. Make sure to get their own bookmarks :)Written December 30, 2019
- Many items to look through, and all tucked into an old store building that has been around over 100 years. My kids (13 and 9) and I stopped in yesterday and had a great time looking through all the treasures. Our favorite part though was the people running it. They were so welcoming and friendly. They even told us a few places we might enjoy checking out in the area. Real genuine folks.Written June 24, 2018