- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 42
What travelers are saying
- First lobster roll I have had and wanted more. The truffle fries were phenomenal...great flavor and crunchiness!Written July 14, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Bo Irvine provides a true Hawaiian comedy experience along with a tribute to military families. We have attended his comedy show everytime we are lucky to travel to Honolulu and the Hale Koa Hotel. His show provides a fun experience at the Warrior's Lounge and is not to be missed. There's nothing like laughing out loud, eating great pupus and drinking a Mai Tai to enhance your vacation!Written September 24, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I'm hesitant to let the secret out about how awesome this tiny little place is, but yeah, we'll be going to Arnold's on EVERY subsequent visit to Oahu in the future. The drinks are out of this world delicious and super reasonably priced. By comparison, we each had a Mai Tai the day before at the famous Mai Tai Sheraton (at $21 each), but the Mai Tai at Arnold's was just as good, if not better, and it was only $10! The food offerings here are pretty much nonexistent, so don't expect much with that. But yeah, the atmosphere, friendly vibes, and flawless drinks are what makes this tiny little place a hidden gem in Waikiki. We LOVE it!Written September 26, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We have been all over to many hard rock cafes and we always get merchandise and a highlight is going every time we come to Honolulu.The ribs were amazing as usual unfortunately the salmon was overcooked -but I think the chefs were having an off night as one of our steaks was also not done to order, in NZ we know our beef and steak so this would not be acceptable back home. Brent our waiter was amazing and helped as much as he could and offered us to fire up our steak and brought fries over while we waited unfortunately the refired steak was still very rare and so he offered us a new steak.He also gave us a free sundae and fresh fruit and then we did not have to pay for the steak.(however we got charged for 2 strawberry daiquiris we hadn’t ordered so by then we just paid)Despite this, it will not put us off Hard Rock because everyone’s allowed a bad night. I’m disappointed to say 3/5 for food last night but I made it a 4 because of our waiter and the service.Written January 18, 2020
- Lovely urban transformation in progress filled with nice local cafes, restaurants, and beautiful muralsWe visited the Aloha Tower Marketplace area, which did not take long at all since it has been converted to mainly Hawaii Pacific University school complex. We were pleasantly surprised by how lovely SALT district is.
Filled with local restaurants, cafes, and shops. Surrounded by lovely colorful art murals. We walked several blocks to take in the artwork. Easy Uber pick up from here back to Waikiki.
Ended up having lunch at the historical Highway Inn (separate review). Nicely done.Written August 30, 2023
- This is such a cool place to stop when biking or walking along the Waikiki shoreline. We were riding our bikes and discovered that they were open again! Since our last visit, they added more tables and umbrellas to enjoy the view. This place is totally laid back casual and if you are feeling hot, you can just walk a few feet and jump in the water. Great mai tai's on
the waterfront makes for a very relaxing stop. They don't serve much food, just hot dogs and chips but its all about the view and cocktails!Written January 22, 2022
- Went on our first night for happy hour. You can sit outside or inside. Outside was sunny and hot but felt great. Special happy hour menu with drinks and appetizers. Mai Tai and a pineapple drink were great! Edaname portion was huge! Also had the pork tacos which were yummy. Would return just for the view.Written October 16, 2019
- Capacity wise the Lewers Lounge (Jazz) is small. We arrived shortly before the doors opened at 8:00PM. and there was a lot of people waiting. They all rushed and grabbed the best seats. We were tourists and assumed we would be seated one at a time..but veteran traveller's must know to get there early to get the best seat. We sat at the bar..had drinks only..you could order a light meal of you wished. Music was ok..
.I'd you like the jazz standards. The vocal also played piano and was accomplished by another musician who played various horns. All in all..very relaxing.
Written September 8, 2022
- We went on the Sunday morning after checking into the hotel. DW had the breakfast sandwich with wonderful waffle fries! I had the chimichanga with out the cilantro. Wish I had the breakfast sandwich! Great coffee. Friendly service.
I was in Honolulu for a same day medical procedure and when I was released from the hospital, I was starved! DW got me settled in our room and went down to the grill and ordered two of their burgers with fries to go. The very nice hostess offered her a glass of water while she waited for the take out. When she heard about my procedure , the hostess said " We hope we are part of his recuperation." The burgers were delicious and they even included the extra garlic aioli, I asked for for my fries.Written September 4, 2023
- This bar opens in the evening behind the shelves in the lobby of The Modern. If you go for their happy hour, drinks and food are a deal, especially by Hawaii price standards. Later in the evening gets very active with live music.Written August 4, 2019
- Great place for drinks. The atmosphere is light. The decor has me torn with settling on a typical Hawaii themed restaurant or something stuck in the 70’s. There’s carpet everywhere which is “ew” to begin with but they somehow manage to keep it very clean and soil free. I love the indoor/outdoor seating and the staff is overall very accommodating. There are a few older ladies that I would have to question, “why are you still working here”
My favorites so far are:
1) Here today gone to Maui which includes Maui rum, coffee liqueur, banana, coconut and pineapple
2). ANY of the Mai Tais
As for non alcoholic:
1) Waikiki Cooler which is pineapple, and lime juice garnished with a splash of lime soda and basil leaves
2) Hula Moon which is pineapple mango and orange juice
3) volcano Eruption which is pineapple and coconut smoothie with a guava purée
Enjoy!Written July 4, 2018
- Check out this place, affordable drinks, not touristy, great bartenders who keep very busy, security staff are personable. You can bring in food, so pick-up meal at nearby food trucks or Vietnamese restaurant a couple of doors down.Written July 29, 2023
- As a self acclaimed aficionado of Dive Bar, I sought out this literal hole in the wall bar down a narrow alley off Kalakua Ave. While have some essential elements of a Dive Bar (down a narrow alley, small, and the pièce de résistance – having the seedy Velvet Video porn shop upstairs). The inside does not really qualify as a dive bar as the owner poured a lot of money during covid to make the inside have a nice retro vibe. The friendly bar tender that poured me a pint gave me the low down on how the place used to be known as a gay bar butt now is frequented by a more diverse crowd. Definitely recommend stopping by.Written October 1, 2022
- I highly recommend their Mai Tai and Old Fashion cocktails! Excellent customer service and friendly atmosphere.Written May 12, 2022
- Lava Tube open at 9:30 pm when we got ready to eat. Across the street from International market place.Really cute Hawaiian restaurant and bar. Cheeseburgers were A plus! Fun bar too! The whole place was decorated in Hawaii decor with a volcano with running lava depicted on the walls.Written February 12, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Honolulu
- These are the best places for budget-friendly bars & clubs in Honolulu:See more budget-friendly bars & clubs in Honolulu on Tripadvisor