- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
38 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 38
What travelers are saying
- One of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in Cuba. Can't go wrong with the scene, and outlook. Walking up to the falls is great experience, there are a couple of natural pools to swing. Unfortunately for us, we couldn't as it rained the night before therefore it was considered unsafe to go in as the downstream current was very strong, however, we still enjoyed the view, and the walk. The water was very warm considering the fall from the mountains.
Such a great time with our tour guide who made sure we are having a great time.Written September 26, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- a lot of history in one place,Nice view !!! surrounded by restaurants with affordable prices .The Tomas Terry theater is a true work of artWritten September 24, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Dolphinarium in Cienfuegos is very close to our all inclusive hotel Racho Luna, you can walk there if you are not afraid of the scorching sun . or you can hire a taxi for both ways only 10 CAD.
This place is closed every Wednesday. On other days, there is a show at 10 am and a show at 2 pm . After the show, you can swim with the dolphins.
If you only watch the show, it is like no cost, 75 Cuban currency (half US dollar) for adults, 25 Cuban currency ( 10 cents US dollars) for children aged 11 and under.
If you buy interactive with dolphins, it includes show, and you can hug and kiss dolphin in water, and if you buy swimming with dolphins, it not only includes the show, and hug and kiss, but also includes standing on top of dolphins, and holding dolphin fins to swim together a short distance.
My son and myself bought tickets for swimming with dolphins, so it includes everything, 2,500 Cuban dollars for adults, and 750 Cuban dollars for children aged 6 to 11. The total is less than 22 US dollars for 2 people. The show, interaction and swimming are all included. I guarantee you can not find any place cheaper than this in the entire Caribbean area.
However, this is our first and last time to swimming with dolphins in this kind of arrangement, once we get close to dolphins, we can see the scarf on this nose area, this is due to frequence performance, which is not good for dolphins.Written April 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely cocktails in a lovely garden with great views. You can swim off the side if you don't want to go to a beach.Written March 28, 2020
- It doesn't look much from the outside but boy is it stunning inside! Magnificent wood panelling all around the hand-carved seats, its huge stage and, of course, the murals painted on the ceiling. An absolute delight.Written April 26, 2020
- We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Jugua Castle. It’s really an old fort that was never in battle. It is well-preserved, scenic, and has interesting exhibits.Written May 19, 2019
- One of the best out in nature activities in Cienfuegos. I definitely would recommend doing the boat ride to get closer to the flamingos. Amazing experience for all ages.Written March 7, 2020
- I don't think this is a must see highlight of Cuba, but if you are in the vicinity then it is well worth having a look at this home turned hotel. It is located right by the sea so you get some stunning views from the rooftop. The interior is also worth a few photos with its unusual Moorish style. I wouldn't maybe spend too long here, but glad I went.Written April 26, 2020
- Nice building but not all that much in side to see. Good to have a walk around the central square thoughWritten March 23, 2020
- Galeria Santiago Hermes is a MUST SEE when you visit Cienfuegos! The team is incredibly nice. The art and rumba performance was a breathtaking experience. He included the four elements of nature of water, earth, wind, and fire within his art piece and the performance. They also had an interactive Rumba dance lesson. They had the crowd learn the history of Rumba AND also learn how to dance! It was very entertaining and I loved every moment. The art he has in his gallery were amazing. Every piece caught my eye. I highly recommend for everyone to visit!Written April 22, 2019
- We made a stop here on our way out of town and it was very interesting. My guide said it is "not like most Cuban cemeteries" and I explained that it was set up more like an American cemetery. It is beautiful, though there is some neglect and tomb deterioration. It is worth a stop if you have the time. The woman at the front gate will tell you a bit about the history of the place, then you can wander on your own. I also visited Christopher Columbus Cemetery in Havana, and this is a nice contrast.Written March 12, 2019
- This Malecon is quite long, but is the only way to reach the Palace in Punta Gorda, unless you take a local bus or taxi.Written January 16, 2020
- I've been to a few botanical gardens in my time but this one was not what I was expecting as it is full of trees rather than concentrating on flowers (certainly the part I saw). It made a nice change from your usual garden though.
We had to wait a long time for a guide to be free but there is a nice restaurant where you can have lunch and take refreshments. Also good, clean toilet area on site. It was well worth the wait for the guide as he was superb. Unfortunately, I didn't catch his name but he had fluent English and was very, very knowledgeable and passionate about his subject which really made the visit.Written April 26, 2020
- About 1 km long semi wide semi sloped croissant shape tree aligned brown Sand Beach and even the speed of Wind is high, look like normal, it’s without Waves on the (Caribbean Water Sea) above steady Land & mostly Sunny.
- There are many Free fixed wood (Umbrella) along the Beach to sit down or under big Tree and Rent of (Long Seat) with 100 P fee … There are also little of enough Restaurants /Cafes along but there is (No Public Services) like: Showers, Baths, Changing Rooms, and Vending Portable Water ... There is (Hotel(s)) closed.
- There is No Beach in (Cienfuegos) City only coastal walking / “Malecon” but you can easy go from there to this one that is far about 18 km S. by timing public Bus from its terminal started at 08:00 and then every 2hr. approx. until the last one at 22:00 +not last stop after 30 min. Duration +cheap Ticket = 5 P +same Bus rotate and return come back after 1hr. from front the Beach.Written March 29, 2023
- Not a lot to say here really, I mean it's a statue, it's art so you may like it or you may not depending on your tastes. What I can say is that (in my opinion) it is very well made and does at least look like the man and seems to capture his spirit.
It was sculpted by the same designer as did the Hemingway in the Floridita bar so nice to have been able to see the pair.Written April 26, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Cienfuegos
Cienfuegos Attractions Information