- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
126 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 126
What travelers are saying
- We stopped off here as part of a bigger tour, mainly for the cityscape view and it was well worth the stop.Written August 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a fun place. Visitor to Seattle. Did not realize that the lakes are disconnected from the sea, except by this locking system. Fresh water one side, salt water the other (with a 22 foot difference in height).
Kids loved it.
We enjoyed going over to the salmon run right along with it.
Free.Written August 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Spent morning at zoo with kids. Lots to see and do. Had lunch at end and all enjoyed our visit. Reasonable price.Written August 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It’s been a while since I visited this park last time. We decided to stop by with a group of friends visiting from outside Seattle. The hike is short and pretty mellow. When you get to the lighthouse and the beach, you completely forget that you are still within the Seattle city limits - with all the expansive views of the Puget Sound. Overall, can recommend. Mind you - part of the loop trail is currently (as of July) closed off. A few of us did not notice the sign and ended up wandering a very deserted trail that ended with a closed off gate (were able to get around it but it was a little unnerving…).Written August 3, 2022
- We stayed at an AirBNB and it was great. People/neighbors were nice. Where we stayed was within walking distance of restaurants and the beach. Would definitely recommend anyone to stay on Alki beach. The only downside is one of the bridge connecting to Alki Beach has been broken so you have to drive further and do a loop back up.Written August 14, 2022
- Such a cool place! Gas Works wasn't even on my trip radar until my cousin (a local) recommended it. It's an old gasification plant that was repurposed into a unique park. We have 2 young kids, so they loved running around the park while the parents relaxed and enjoyed the sights and views on the lawn.Written July 24, 2022
- This lake is in the Fremont area. We went to visit the Troll under the bridge and house boats and then took an Uber to this lake. which is not far from the zoo.
If you want a day away from the tourist areas of downtown Seattle, this lake is the perfect place for a walk.Written July 15, 2022
- Fun to watch the changing explosive at times water patterns, and kids running around in it. Nice place to sit and relax.Written August 9, 2022
- This was a delightful surprise. We stopped in on a whim, not knowing what to expect. This was especially nice in terms of accessibility and well maintain paths, not to mention the expansive gardens. My only disappointment, and it is VERY minor, is that I wish there were more tags for some of the plants and trees.Written July 19, 2022
- We rented a boat and cruised around the lake for a couple of hours enjoy the views. It was a great way to see the city skyline and neighborhoods and so interesting to see the "dock houses."Written June 25, 2022
- This is a great place to take your family. We missed the koi feeding but you can still see a few kois swimming around if you're patient enough to sit around wait for them to swim by, we even saw a turtle. It was smaller than most Japanese Garden but thats because part of it was still being renovated but the overall experience was good. Admission price wasn't too bad either ($8 for adults).Written August 14, 2022
- Great place for a walk on the beach and beyond. We loved to see all the ducks in the pond at the end of the beach. Enjoyed watching the children seeing the different waterfowl.Written January 29, 2022
- Great aquarium!! we enjoyed looking at all the animals, especially the circle of jellyfish and the seal show! really fun and the handlers were excellent, very knowledgeable. Really good experience overall. Would love to visit again!!Written August 15, 2022
- The highlight of my trip here were two movies focused on the Klondike gold rush, one on the different routes people took and the other on the way it affected Seattle. This spot isn't huge but it's free and easy to get to. Really appreciated the extra display about the internment of Japanese Americans from Bainbridge Island and other places (if you have the time, go see the Japanese American Exclusion Memorial on Bainbridge Island as it is really, really well done!).Written August 14, 2022
- We had a long time before our flight left SEA, so we decided that a quick trip off the light rail was a perfect diversion. I would recommend taking a bus (106) to the gardens and back, but once you get there, it IS FREE. What a beautiful place and as we can see it it constantly evolving. The hydrangeas were gorgeous and the variety of plants amazing! What a beautiful testament to the hard work of a Japanese American. If I lived here I too would definitely come back.Written July 30, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Seattle
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Seattle:
- Mt. Rainier Day Trip from Seattle
- Best of Olympic National Park from Seattle: All-Inclusive Small-Group Day Tour
- Best of Mount Rainier National Park from Seattle: All-Inclusive Small-Group Tour
- Mt Rainier Seaplane Tour Departing from Lake Washington
- Evening Colors Sunset Sail Tour in Seattle
- These are the most romantic places for nature & parks in Seattle:See more romantic nature & parks in Seattle on Tripadvisor