- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
83 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 83
What travelers are saying
- There weren’t as many vendors as I expected, but we were able to find some souvenirs. It’s a nice pleasant place to shop outdoors.Written January 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I usually don't indulge, but hey - it's vacation and these donuts are worth the time travel and expense. You've made it all the way to Hawaii. Go stand in one more line and get a fresh baked donut or two.Written January 11, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Neat area that is worth taking a couple of hours to walk around. Shops, restaurants and a great sunset view by Kona Inn in the evening. Several large, unique trees in the area as well.Written July 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really a good time. Get close to your guide so you can hear. Good for young kids and teens. Interesting details about abalone, farming, habitat, abalone from around the world.Written July 6, 2022
- What a lovely surprise when we stopped by the market on a whim. Hawai'i Bay is a charming little shop offering seasoning salts, teas and honeys. There's probably more items but that's what I purchased. There's also a specialty shop featuring balsamic vinegars in two sizes and multiple flavors. The packaging is very sturdy so no problems including them in the suitcase. There's also a shop featuring handcrafted Christmas ornaments - so hard to choose. It was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.Written September 30, 2021
- Parking tight, but plenty of it. Just a gem of a farmers market. It has everything. Plenty of local artists, bakers, coffee, produce and local cooked to order food choices. Music capped off the perfect mkt. Highly recommend the fresh from fryer banana malsadas. More than we expected.Written March 27, 2022
- Beautiful craftsmanship! Family business that's a must-see in Kona. I liked the base on one and the flowers on another and they pulled together the exact combination I was looking for. They also offer workshops on Saturday to make and take your own clay flower mini bouquet.Written July 18, 2022
- What we liked. A few decent restaurants nearby. We like Island lava java and Humpys pub. Don’t like outback or Bongo Bens. Not much for shopping. Weve never received a ticket for parking in coconut grove but saw in the reviews some people did. There is free parking off Kukini.Written November 29, 2019
- We didn’t buy anything but enjoyed looking at the collection. There is such a variety on display -- paintings, prints, photographs, drawings, sculptures (of wood, metal, glass) and much more.Written March 27, 2018
- Very accommodating and gave us time to decide on our
Choice of painting.
TrueType felt our joy in finding our picture.Written March 3, 2020
- This is an okay place to shop if you need something right away, but otherwise it’s nothing spectacular. Too bad that we had to have such a long wait! TSA was a mess! Most of the vendors were closed.Written September 28, 2019
- Man they have all your needs, Loved KRM this place rocks literally. Something for everyone. Was able to bring back for family and close friends. Staff are super nice and experience in clothing styles wearables/trends. Loads of bracelets, necklaces, rings and original printed Hawaiian clothing(not the tacky stuff).Written March 12, 2021
- I just had to have it! I always try to shop locally and buy only in our community. The souvenirs are usually really good artwork and friendly people! Rarely do you find any questionable items. I love these gorgeous flowers, these are some of my beautiful memories.Written September 18, 2019
- Lanihau Center has everything you need, including one of my favorite stores in Hawaii, Longs Drugs!. Lots of options for stores and eats in the plaza, it was my very first stop after arriving on the island. Just a bit of information, Longs Drugs sells Hawaiian calendars for 88 cents when you are a member of Longs Drugs, membership is free so sign up and get these gems which are easily worth 10x as much elsewhere.
Please let me know if you found this review to be helpful, as it ensures that I continue to write value added reviews that can save travelers time and money.Written December 23, 2018
- I like supporting local artists and this place was full of wonderful art beautiful glassware great photos and some nice artworkWritten May 25, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Kailua-Kona
- These are the best hidden gems for shopping in Kailua-Kona:See more hidden gem shopping in Kailua-Kona on Tripadvisor