- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
15 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- We always enjoy coming here to see their excellent collection of work by predominantly local artists. This visit was no exception, as the items on display and for sale were delightful and very well done.Written August 7, 2022
- The Art Colony, a real institution in Grand Marais, offers frequent classes and events. Its shop is filled with intriguing items made by artists-in-residence. Enjoy a friendly welcome in this center of an active arts community.Written October 14, 2018
- Betsy Bowen is a prolific Northern Minnesota artist. Her studio is worth visiting for all her woodcut art, prints, cards and books. Other artists are also showcased. You can also see her there working on some days. Be sure to look for her woodcuts stuffed amongst the ceiling!Written June 22, 2021
- This gallery has a permanent exhibit of paintings by, and biographical information about, Anna Johnson--an original producer, instructor and promoter of the arts for the Grand Marais community which now is an artists' destination. She was also the wife of the proprietor of the early 20th century trading post on this site. Throughout the year the remainder of the gallery has revolving exhibits of art related to this locality . All very interesting and lovely.Written July 31, 2019
- We stopped in to get some truffles for a gift and ended up eating them ourselves. They were absolutely delicious. Definitely stop here for your sweet tooth.Written June 16, 2022
- They have everything - great stop for souvenirs, gifts and supplies and gear for the boundary waters.This might be the best one stop shop for souvenirs, books, gifts, quality outdoor gear and supplies, and some warm clothing in case you didn't prepare for the cold. There's some kitsch thrown in too. With two levels the have a lot of stuff and a very helpful staff.Written June 16, 2022
- Pendleton shirts for men- just don't find quality shirts like these anyplace anymore but this place has them. A great old store that still has a need in this community. Well stocked, pleasant staff.Written August 2, 2022
- Drury Lane is a delight - they have a lot of selection and charm packed into two rooms, and it's a must-stop whenever I'm in Grand Marais. They have a loyalty book program (buy 10, get one free) that also works if you're buying books from afar and having them shipped to you. The real joy, though, is selecting a book and then taking it directly outside to read next to the lake.Written August 5, 2022
- I believe this is now called The Fisherman's Daughter. The fish and chips is wonderful. You get a hearty mound of fish and a medium amount of fries (instead of the other way around). The cheese curds are very good also. I'm sure the other food is also good, but this is what I tried! The service is very friendly. I go there mainly for the fresh fish. The Whitefish is usually caught that day and occasionally you can get Trout. The prices are fair.Written July 25, 2022
- Upstate is a true gem with unique art pieces, many of them handmade. Kristopher has filled his shop with intentional items, and it shows. He is welcoming both in person and online and it's a joy to shop with him!Written August 5, 2022
- They have a nice eclectic array of items. We picked up some antiques and souvenirs. The interior is expansive with nooks and crannies all filled. You don't know what you might find around the next corner. The main products seem to be products for the art and crafter crowd, but everyone will find several things of interest.Written June 16, 2022
- The best fudge and the best variety too. We have been coming here for years and have never been disappointed.Written June 27, 2021
- We visited Grand Marais on a rainy day, so we were pleased to find the Market. There were tons of items to look at, and it was a great place to kill time while we waited for the weather to pass. Some of the items seemed a little pricey, but otherwise, the store had a good variety and unique charm.Written June 2, 2018
- They can make up about any type of tshirt or sweatshirt you want.
All types and prices available, customize any shirt.Written September 22, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Grand Marais