Art Galleries • Natural History Museums
Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Fairbanks
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Excellent museum - well worth a stop to learn about the history and experience the art. Bring some quarters for parking.Written November 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was hands down my favorite activity in Fairbanks! My family had a blast and loved learning about the reindeer! The staff was so knowledgeable and did a great job! We loved having Lexi lead the tour! The hot chocolate and cookies at the end were so yummy! So much fun!Written November 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- While we are not car collectors, this place has a lot to see and learn when it comes to period cars. I can not believe that there were that many different car manufactures back then. What was nice is they also had period clothing as well. Some of those dresses were stunning to look at as well. It is self guided and there are those around to answer any questions you may have. Was a nice way to spend a snowy day.Written November 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Was a nice stop. Here you can get alot of information about Alaska as a whole, and go at your own pace. Also will be able to get information on things to do and what not to miss. As many who come to Alaska do so once in a lifetime, I would say it is a must stop by. There are brochures you can get and people that you can talk to as well and the best part is that it is free.Written November 30, 2022
- Interesting to see the pipeline and learn the history of it. But it really isn’t more than a 5-10 minute visit to see and snap a few pictures.Written August 25, 2022
- We spent an afternoon here with our two year old. We would love to come back to spend more time reading and learning the history that is offered. There were buildings from the past that were moved here to create a little town. Additionally, there is a train car, a steam paddle boat, and an old Merry-Go-Round.
But my two year old was only interested in the large playground areas. So that is where we spent the majority of the time.
We saw many places to eat (snacks).Written August 1, 2022
- Really getting out into the wilderness when you travel this road. It was bumpy in a lot of spots, but still enjoyable.Written October 6, 2022
- We had to travel a bit out of Fairbanks for this ice museum, but it was absolutely worth the trip. The skill, craftsmanship, and overall experience was just outstanding. It was an impressive display of creativity and ingenuity, with a tasty little appletini (an optional add-on) to boot! We found the tour guide to be entertaining and personable. We were a bit late for the first tour, so we had to wait in the cafe for the next one (2 hours later), but it was still a good experience. The cafe lattes were nothing to write home about, but we entertained ourselves for a bit and were pleased to have seen the museum. Before we visited Black Spruce Dog Sledding, this was my husband's favorite activity of our trip!Written November 9, 2022
- Great! We didn’t think they’d still be here but we got to watch tons of sand hill cranes. Amazing to see. They have lookout stations and trails that join with Wedgwood so we had a nice afternoon hiking both and exploring fountainhead auto museumWritten August 30, 2022
- Many interesting sculptures and scientific instruments are on display here at the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
They have an atmospheric research sounding rocket on display near the Arctic Research building, which is not something you see every day!!
We also enjoyed a gorgeous overlook of several distant peaks, including the Denali Peaks (90+ miles away).
A historic defensive redoubt from the 18th century Russian expeditions to Alaska is preserved near the Museum of the North.
We watched a GIGANTIC satellite dish move multiple times as it broadcast instructions to weather and scientific satellites passing invisibly overhead.
Several abstract sculptures and Indigenous totem poles add to the campus environment.
At Constitution Hall you can read the historical markers detailing this building’s role in Alaska statehood, then go upstairs to the University bookstore and pick up some cool college gear.
We enjoyed the opportunity to explore this beautiful and interesting campus. It’s the best also the place in Fairbanks to play Pokémon Go.Written September 28, 2022
- I attended a tour and learned a lot about musk oxen. It was very interesting. The tour guide was great. Very glad I went. They also have reindeerWritten August 14, 2022
- Not a lot to do in Fairbanks on a winter day. But this is worth an hour of your time and kinda fun. Good photo op and the kid can ride the ice slide in the sculpture exhibit.Written November 3, 2022
- The Antler Arch is located next to Fairbanks downtown visitor's center. It leads you to a nice walking path where you will enjoy nature while walking towards the business area.Written October 19, 2022
- Had a VRBO rental on the shores of this waterway. Saw dog sleds, people and snowmobiles. No wildlife. But also, no city lights. Beautiful view of the mountains.Written April 23, 2022
- I've liked this trail very much. Not super difficult, but also requiring "good shoes".
The first distance goes along the river, so walking there is very enjoyable.
Nice views from the rocks. The rocks by itself are very nice too.
I was surprised to see up there a lot of moose droppings. To me it's very high ground for moose, but if there is something to eat....why not.
I didn't make the loop trail. My wife has stayed in 3/4th of trail, so I had to come back for her. We saw a lot of nice flowers.
It was about 2 hours of exercise.
I recommend it.
RomanPWritten July 6, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Fairbanks
- The best day trips from Fairbanks according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Incredible Aurora Viewing Adventure
- Northern Lights and Chena Hot Springs Tour from Fairbanks
- Arctic Circle and Northern Lights Tour from Fairbanks
- Northern Lights and Arctic Circle Trip from Fairbanks
- Arctic Circle Winter Drive Adventure
Fairbanks Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 10:16 PM|