Sports Complexes • Parks
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
75 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 75
What travelers are saying
- Nice hiking and biking trails for young and not so young people, who love the outdoors. There are also baseball fields, soccer fields, playground equipment, picnic areas and a dog park. And a very famous disc golf course.Written October 11, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Terrible service and terrible poker dealers who enjoy themselves being part of a dirty network. Compared to Las Vegas, this dirty joint is third rate.Written March 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Apparently the park has been re-named recently, perhaps when the soldier was removed from the former Confederate statue. It is now James Weldon Johnson Park. Visiting during the pandemic meant that we were easily able to find metered parking right next to the park, and also that we were not encountering many people on the streets. The artwork in the park and on surrounding streets is top notch. We especially enjoyed the murals within easy walking distance of the park. It looks like this could be quite the community space; even on a Monday afternoon in December there was music alternating between live and DJ (and a giant Christmas tree with lights that "danced" to the music!) There do seem to be an awful lot of homeless people in the area, which is probably why we couldn't find a bench to sit on anywhere (the homeless were not occupying the benches, there are none.) If you enjoy public art and a nice variety of architecture this is worth a visit.Written December 20, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I've lived in Jacksonville for a long time and never knew this park was here till very recently so I decided to check it out. I went on a day where the weather was sunny and cool, so it made for a beautiful visit here. The views of the river and downtown from here are very nice. It also has views of boats sitting in the water nearby which reminded me of towns in New England and there is a nice historic bridge you can walk/jog across. The homes along the river here are nice to see and the park itself is spacious enough to relax and run around with family or friends or dogs. My only complaint would be that parking spaces are very limited here, but other than that, this is a gem of a Jacksonville city park. Check it out when the weather is nice!
For people with dogs, it appears that well-behaved dogs are welcomed here as long as you pick up after their poop and keep them on leash.Written February 27, 2019
- This is a nice park on the southside, with great playground equipment. We went there with our boys(5 & 8) and had a good time spinning on the equipment and climbing on everything. There is also a large fire station that you can hear and see from the park, if you happen to be there when they get a call it would be fun to see and hear.Written November 26, 2017
- I brought a team of 6 and we did the market room and it was easily the best and most fun escape experience I or any of my team had. We will absolutely be returning for the restoration the rooms!Written August 17, 2021
- My 1st escape room, and prototype did not disappoint. Friendly staff, energetic, and made you feel welcomed the min you walk in.Written August 13, 2022
- Amazing story and really fun rooms. The game master (Hunter) was so friendly and fun, he really helped immerse us in the story as well as being very helpful. The rooms are all super clean and intricate; we didn’t make it out of Convicted but we will certainly go back and try again!!!Written December 29, 2021
- We couldn’t figure our way out, but had a lot of fun trying! Employees very nice, picture taken, and a great bday combined with the golf driving place.Written March 5, 2020
- Marcel was wonderful! The customer service was one of the best. 10/10 would recommend. Made my birthday the best.Written August 13, 2022
- This was an awesome experience. We almost made it out before time was up, but we still had a blast. Our game host, Ben was very patient, helpful, and knowledgeable. Will definitely try again in the near future, and will definitely come back here!! Great experience, friendly, staff, challenging puzzles, and overall excellent!!! Thank you!!Written March 8, 2020
- This was our second time going in 3 weeks. The staff is amazing, friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. The owner is wonderful. My husband, nephew and I had a blast. It’s the best escape room in Jacksonville. I highly recommend Escapology for a great time.Written August 14, 2022
- Our organization had their opening event at Topgolf last week and it could not have gone better. Under the leadership of the Manager Big Papi and his team Jerry, Karis, Anthony, Amanda, Abi and Klelia the level of service was excellent.
From the beginning planning the event with Anne Markstroem until the actual event everything went seamlessly. Highly recommend this as a conference opening event.Written March 23, 2022
- I have to leave a review after reading the ridiculous review about not being able to take their own food into the theater to eat it. Looking at Sun-Ray's solid 4 and 5 star reviews, please take that ridiculous 1 star review as a whiny customer who wasn't allowed to take advantage of a small business. I also want to add that I always bring a large yeti to fill with water during my movie, and I have never once been told it was a problem.
Now, if I had packed my own picnic, I would definitely understand why they would take issue with that, considering theaters make most of their income on concessions. Name me a theater that WOULD allow for that. Sun-Ray offers a delicious, moderately priced menu if you are hungry. If you don't want to pay for the food there, eat before or afterwards as you would literally any other theater. As one example, Sun-Ray sells ginormous bowls of popcorn for only $5.50. Name one theater that doesn't charge an arm or a leg for popcorn. Additionally, their popcorn is literally the most addictive movie popcorn (or any popcorn) I've ever had in my life. It is 1000x better than anything you'll find at AMC or Cinemark. Their personal pizzas range from $8-12, sandwiches cost around $8, and even the drinks are reasonably priced. And if you don't care for any of the wine they offer, you can bring your own bottle for reasonable corkage fee ($5)
The reviewer also mentioned that he went to a free event, but was required to buy food. I am not sure what event he attended, but speaking for myself I have attended MANY free events there and never once has anyone forced me to buy anything. I can't even tell you the last time (or even the first time) I even heard of a free event at one of those big name movie theaters. And speaking of ticket prices, Sun-Ray only charges $10.75 vs $14 at those other places. Or go on a Tuesday night for $5!
I have been going to Sun-Ray since moving to this area, and they are a wonderful contribution to this community. The events and movies they put on are always a great time, their prices are extremely reasonable in a very difficult industry, and everyone I've ever dealt with there has never been anything other than nice and you can tell they enjoy working there.
Bottom line, Sun-Ray is a GEM.Written September 18, 2021
- We had a great time. There were 20 of us in our group. The employee who assisted us was knowledgeable and kept the fun rolling with are throwing games and competitions.Written October 7, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Jacksonville
- These are the best hidden gems for fun & games in Jacksonville:See more hidden gem fun & games in Jacksonville on Tripadvisor