- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- This was my first visit. It is very easy to find and enter. Plenty of pathways and a wide variety of trees, bushes and flowering plants. Benches can be found throughout, and there is even a restroom. I only wish there were identifying stakes.Written July 7, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great atmosphere. Our daughter loved the Glass carousel.
Nice to walk around with the kids. Loved the breeze and the view on lady Liberty. A lot of chairs to sit down.
Close to the WTC memorial and free ferry to Staten Island.Written September 22, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just came here today in August and the garden was beautiful and lush. It was rainy so there were very few people here. The garden is relatively small, but definitely worth a visit!Written August 10, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Ramble is a bit wilder and less kept area of Central Park. It’s a wonderful piece of nature and the life on the water and in the brambles is amazing.Written March 27, 2023
- This is a very pretty and charming area~
Unfortunately, it was so so crowded when I visited that I could hardly get a good view.. perhaps it's better when it's not near the holidays!Written April 19, 2023
- We would visit the Winter Gardens again. Good food buta bit upscale shopping for our liking. The ares is very pretty and lotsWe went there for lunch. Although there were numerous places to purchase meals the lines were very long. We were on a tour and our time was limited. The Winter Gardens is a beautiful venue.Written September 2, 2023
- The Jefferson Market garden is located at 6th and West 10th Street . Nice gardens and beside the old New York public library.Written January 26, 2023
- Nice little spot in Central park where you can avoid the crowds. Only saw a handful of people while in there and there were plenty of places to sit and relax.Written May 8, 2023
- Wandering around the West Village and had one of the "locals " direct me to this little slice of natural beauty and peaceful contemplation. A number of short, but curved paths taking maximum advantage of the limited space. Lots of different flowers and bushes with many benches and seats. LovelyWritten April 23, 2023
- Proximate to the Cloister Museum in Washington Heights is Fort Tryon Park.
In the parlk, is the Heather Garden which is managed by a non profit organization and volunteers. They provided a walking tour along with photos of the history of the park.
This is a great "botanical garden" in every way, and worth the special trip, along with a "must see" visit to the Cloister Museum, and the great view of the Hudson River.Written September 3, 2018
- This special garden has an interesting history and is a testament to what can be done when people work together for the betterment of their neighborhood. It’s free to visit on Sundays 1:00-4:00, April-November. Talk to one of the volunteers to get the whole story. If you’re in the Upper West Side it’s a must do, but I don’t suggest going cross town just to see it because it’s pretty small.Written August 25, 2019
- The liz Christy Garden is a bit messy and underwhelming in the winter. It’s narrow and long and it does have a small fish pond.Written January 22, 2023
- This little community garden is always lovely, but don't miss the tulips this week, as they are at their peak! If you miss the tulips, summer flowers follow in this beautiful Upper Westside Oasis.
I am a regular here, as I am frequently in the neighborhood. A great place to bring a cup of coffee in the morning and read the paper.Written April 30, 2017
- Very beautiful place to spend a couple of hours taking a break, drinking a cup of coffee or a cold beverage or having a snack. There are small tables on the shade, benches and a terrace facing the river. Quiet spot near Wall Street and in front of Wall Street NY Ferry. A place you do not expect to find in this area. Do not miss it!Written September 6, 2022
- A big breath of fresh air in NYC among the jungle of buildings and chaos. Central Park is a massive beautiful park always filled with energy and positive vibes. Whether you’re just visiting or taking a stroll through the park, the experience and amazing maintenance of the park are unbelievable.Written July 27, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about New York City