- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 1,179
What travelers are saying
- I would have enjoyed the experience more if it hadn't been so packed w/ people, but that's what I get for going at lunch time on a holiday week-end! We had Taiwanese Beef Noodles at a Noodle Place and they were reasonably priced, and the serving was too generous to finish. My daughter and I could have split it.
So many markets from pastries to desserts, plus gift shops. I'm glad we went!Written September 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a beautiful museum that all would love to see. The setting is just gorgeous and the art included is very interesting. It was an easy runway ride from our hotel in Midtown. Your paid ticket will also get you into The Met Fifth Avenue for no additional fee if you use on the same day. The Cloisters does not require a full day's time so seeing The Cloisters and then taking in some of The Met's exhibits in the same day is completely doable. The cafe at The Cloisters, while a beautiful, cool outdoor setting, does not offer memorable food but gets the job done if needed.Written July 31, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Macy's Herald Square in Manhattan NYC is one of the largest -- and one of the oldest -- department stores in the US. It was built and opened as a department store in this location in 1902. By now, the building was renovated multiple times.
But it still looks very dated: very low ceilings, poor ventilation and lighting, overall subdued colors of the interior. Even the old wooden escalator (sic!) is still in operation! After a few years, I again visited Macy's last month -- and found pretty much the same as I saw before, as far as its interior design and decor, and general ambiance in it. The store wasn't busy.
But Macy's getting ready for spring, regardless -- and in the ladies apparel departments, I could see some new fashion ideas -- spring styles and brighter colors. Famous brands, too -- DKNY, RL, CK, and many others. The staff I talked to were polite and helpful with directions to several departments. The store is huge -- its retail space is 1.25 million square feet (116,000 sq m)!
Hopefully, Macy's will look more cheerful -- and busier! -- with a lighter, sunnier, and warmer season coming up, and with more customers shopping in this flagship department store.Written February 12, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Brookfield Place is a new, ultramodern shopping mall at the Manhattan waterfront. Facing New Jersey and Hudson River, it is an upscale shopping venue with luxury brands and scenic restaurants. Worth exploring while in downtown.Written September 15, 2023
- The Grand Central Market is a foodie's dream come true! They truly carry everything that Whole Foods would sell and then some. The prices are not cheap but you get what you pay for. My favorite spots were the butcher and the baked goods. Unfortunately, we were on our way to a steak dinner and could not try anything.Written August 11, 2023
- LOVE this place! I take the train from Connecticut specifically to go to this market! The selection of fruits and vegetables is vast and the freshness incomparable. The baked goods are equally as impressive! It is such a fun place to wander and purchase delicious, fresh and healthy products in a fun location!Written December 14, 2022
- Saks Fifth Avenue is the flagship store for the Saks group. Located opposite the Rockefeller Centre and Saint Patricks it truly is a great location.Written February 6, 2023
- Now called The Westfield World Trade Centre in New York where the twin towers used to be ❤️🩹
The structure was open, spacious and artistic. Love the gravity murals outside the adjacent buildings and quirky sculptures around the building 💛 The mall is full of retailers and eatery outlets so it’s nice to be here for a family day out during the weekend especially.Written July 29, 2023
- Fun experience but pretty expensive at $40 a pop. I will admit though, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I thought it was just some museum where you take a bunch of photos with colorful backdrops that are “instagram worthy”. But it wasn’t really like that. We were a group of four adults and three kids and we all loved the experience. It was an interactive experience, and that’s why we enjoyed it so much l. I don’t want to give away anything specific but there are several rooms you can enter and they give you some treats along the way. The rooms go one way and you can’t go back (kinda like mini golf) so if there is a group behind you, you’ll have to be mindful of that.
I don’t know how crowded it gets but we pre-booked tickets for a Thursday at 2:45. It wasn’t too bad. Some of the more popular rooms did get a bit crowded at some points but overall, we didn’t feel rushed. I probably wouldn’t recommend a weekend.
Nice experience if you are looking for an activity to take someone from out of town - which is what we were doing. Otherwise, I probably would have skipped it.Written July 18, 2023
- Came in here dying with the thirst and hunger after walking the highline (lol!) with my boyfriend and enjoyed a nice stroll around, as well as my first ever meal at a Shake Shack and the banana pudding from Magnolia Bakery. I had heard people raving about it so decided to give it a go. Did not disappoint!Written July 7, 2023
- The Seaport district is situated on the East River in Lower Manhattan. It is a top nyc destination for unusual culinary, fashion, entertainment and cultural experiences. I couldn't resist a custom face cookie from the funny face bakery....it seemed almost too pretty to eat and the book-worm in me nudged me into the McNally & Jackson bookstore. I explored New York's origins as a world seaport in the South Street Seaport Museum and to get into a historical mood I toured the Wavetree cargo ship.Written January 27, 2023
- Bloomingdale’s is a sprawling and well fitted out store.
There are a huge number of top fashion, make up, perfume and home ware brands.
There are also multiple restaurants, including Magnolia Bakery, Flip burger, 40 Carrots and more.
A New York icon and well worth a visit.Written September 22, 2022
- Columbus Circle is in the heart of many of the shops in the area. Some large brand names including Nordstrom. Recommended.Written February 6, 2022
- An easy no-brainer, especially for a group of hungry and differently-minded people, something for everyoneAn easy no-brainer, especially for a group of hungry and differently-minded people, something for everyone
For West Coast people, this is a similar concept to Oxbow Market in Napa, or like an indoor "Streat Food" in San Francisco. Essentially, it's a brick and mortar with endless food and shop vendors, endless options for grab and go, fast casual, and sit down, and some of the tastiest options in lower Manhattan, and a perfect meetup spot for friends, family, etc. It's a wonderful use of space, and you could spend all day exploring, discovering, and meeting the nicest shop owners and cooks. Quite tasty and lots of smiles, all around.Written September 5, 2023
- Always enjoy coming to Sotheby's and checking out the exhibits. This past weekend was a little off-putting, however, because we had a strange interaction with an employee that was working the retail level on the ground floor (the area with all the handbags). My daughter was looking at a carry-on case and barely touched it when a sales woman marched over and barked that we should ask for help (there are no "do not touch" signs anywhere, FYI). This "lady" also was quick to tell us that the price of the bag was $20K; the subtext of course being that she presumed we couldn't afford it. So bizarre and so unlike the other professionals that work at Sotheby's. I guess there's a bad apple in every bunch, so I won't dock Sotheby's for this one unpleasant person. I'm sure she won't last long.Written October 7, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about New York City
- These experiences are best for shopping in New York City:
- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets Shopping Tour from Manhattan
- Sex and the City Hotspots Bus Tour
- Private Sex and the City Tour + 3-Course Dinner Package
- Private Niche Fragrance Guided Tour of SoHo and NoLita
- Harry Potter New York - Butterbeer Bundle