Historic Sites • Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
194 places sorted by traveler favorites
Speciality Museums • Science Museums
Admission tickets from $29.95
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Architectural Buildings
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Piers & Boardwalks
Showing results 1-30 of 194
What travelers are saying
- The Golden Gate Bridge is the most iconic thing about San Francisco and no trip to the city is complete without it. We drove across it to get to Muir Woods and unfortunately, due to bad weather they closed the vista points for photos. There is a toll to pay for when you cross it. On a clear day you can get some amazing photos of the bridge.Written September 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Saw a Giants game. Awesome. Very friendly people. Burger was crap. So was my wife’s hotdog. Each covered about 1/2 the bun. Transportation to and from lacks from other stadiums. For a city they should have a better system.Written September 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was the location that my daughter and son-in-law selected for their wedding.
The weather and venue were perfect.
The grounds are beautiful, well worth a visit.Written September 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Golden Gate Park is one of the tourist attraction in San Francisco city and situated on the western part near Pacific Ocean. It is one of the largest urban park.Written September 26, 2022
- Twin Peaks are the tourist attractions spot and situated in the western part of the city San Francisco. Two peaks are adjacent to each other. One can view the entire San Francisco city from the top of peak. Few steps are to be climbed to reach the top.Written September 26, 2022
- This museum touches different sciences - biology (dissecting a cow's eye. seeing a chick's heart beating, shrimps), geology, physics (wheels, floating fabrics). So much to see and explore with kids. Worth the time and energy to visit!Written September 1, 2022
- This is a wonderful area to visit. Beautiful grounds and you can do as much or as little as you want.Written September 22, 2022
- Was an excellent exhibit and very informative especially Walt's family photos and history. There was also a free bus going back into town.Written June 26, 2022
- You won't need to read a review to determine if this spot is worth visiting. Just look at the pictures. If you plan to walk any distance, keep in mind that some of the hills are very steep and may be overwhelming if you are not in good physical shape. Do not bother parking in the Visitor Center lot if it looks crowded. There are plenty of other spaces on the street or across the street or futher up the street.Written September 28, 2022
- Had to experience the cable cars and they didn't fail we had a blast on them, absolutely loved every minute of the ride up and down the hills. This is a must for anyone visiting. We got a day pass so you can go on as many times as you want.Written September 27, 2022
- Ferry building marketplace is one the centre point and land mark. Big wall clock is situated on the top and time can be viewed from long distance. Many shops are there in the building. Ferry services are available nearby.Written September 24, 2022
- This is a very beautiful section of street with steps on a sidewalk. It is quite strenuous to walk this up hill most people may want to start from the top where there are great views.Written September 23, 2022
- The views of the bay and city are lovely. If you walk/ride there prepare for a climb. But, this is definitely the best way there. It’s part of the experience to walk up the street to get there. When there, it’s a short elevator ride to the top. Place is small, but the views are worth the effort.Written July 19, 2022
- San Francisco Bay is one of the attraction in USA and it is large tidal estuary in the state of California. Bay area is dominated by the large cities and thickly populated. Many tourists spots are there and foreign travelers will enjoy the tours and the food.Written September 24, 2022
- I enjoyed a quick visit her for about 15 minutes. It’s free but the hours were only about 10-4. You can get a pass to ride cable cars all day for $13 which beats $8 per ride.Written September 23, 2022