Public Transportation Systems
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
4 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- I am a big supporter of public transit, and I commuted on BART for over 30 years. Now I use it as a substitute for driving, but have been away because of Covid. The mask requirement has been recently reinstated, but few riders were masked. Homeless people on board, as usual. The new cars are supposed to be easier to clean, and it shows. The system is suffering and we need better.Written August 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We purchased the 3-Day MUNI pass on our recent visit to SF. And it was well worth it. The pass gave us access to the bus, trolley and cable cars (that's all we used). Our Airbnb was on the outskirts of the city and we were able to take the bus to get to the pier, ferry building, union square, etc. Keep in mind, this is the bus, so plan accordingly as it may take longer to get where you are going due to multiple stops. The experience alone was worth the ticket as we got to chat with locals who were mostly friendly. This did not get a 5 star rating because some of the bus drivers were not that helpful (while others were great). The cable car alone is $7.00 a ride but is included in the pass. We road the cable car just for fun several times as is it a true SF icon. The cable car drivers are fabulous with great fun personalities.Written March 23, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took the bus for part of our trip in San Francisco so we did not have to repark the car The system works very well. Driver was helpful.Written August 6, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were going to San Francisco so we took Cal Train. its a very good way to get to San Francisco. We enjoyed our train ride.Written December 12, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about San Francisco
- These places are best for mass transportation systems in San Francisco:See more mass transportation systems in San Francisco on Tripadvisor