Showing results 1-30 of 174
What travelers are saying
- Absolutely loved the SF cable cars. We went from Fisherman’s wharf to Union Square and back. Hopped off at the museum-it is free and so interesting. You see the mechanism working the cars there. Heard that the other route to Union Square was steeper and more fun so did that later. We also watched the turn around. Not so busy at the end of November. Bought $13 day passes on the MuniMobile app. Very simple to set up and use.Written November 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took the F streetcars to and from the Castro district. We used our $13 day card which also includes the cable cars. If you are patient you can avoid the modern bus type ones and take a 1940s streetcar. Great fun!Written November 13, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- No trip to San Francisco is complete without a ferry ride to Sausalito. Ticket sales are contactless from a convenient kiosk-there is a nice discount for senior citizens. The boarding process is easy, seating is comfortable, and the trip really enjoyable. Many bike riders boarded with their bikes in tow. The schedules are posted and the ferries run on time.Written September 21, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I needed to arrange for a car to collect my mother and take her for an international flight to Europe where I live to spend Thanksgiving. MGL was incredibly straightforward and helpful from the call to book and the tremendous service that happened on the day I booked the car. I was told that as the driver would send a message before he was on his way - this happened exactly as promised. Our driver's name was Ider and he was beyond professional and helpful. He arrived 15 minutes early and was happy to wait as my mother was not quite ready, he assisted her with several heavy bags to the car and drove her safely and in great comfort to SFO international airport. He offered to park the car and assist to bring her bags to the check-in desk but as my mother preferred not to walk the longer distance Ider called the SFO porter service and remained with my mother until the porter arrived and collected her and her bags. Ider sent me a photo of my mother with the porter and watched to ensure she got in the terminal safely. It is always a but stressful hoping that the care and attention our elderly parents deserve will be given - MGL and Ider the superstar driver did that and more. I am exceptionally grateful and am delighted with the service. Perfect, courteous, professional and they have my confidence.Written November 19, 2023
- We took the train from SFO airport to Powell Street as our hotel was near Union Square. Get clipper card added to your Apple wallet and load up money. We paid $10 each. Quick and convenient.Written November 12, 2023
- Shuttle bus was ready to take us and pick us up no waiting car was in the covered parking and easy elevator accessWritten August 13, 2023
- We purchased the 3-Day MUNI pass on our recent visit to SF. And it was well worth it. The pass gave us access to the bus, trolley and cable cars (that's all we used). Our Airbnb was on the outskirts of the city and we were able to take the bus to get to the pier, ferry building, union square, etc. Keep in mind, this is the bus, so plan accordingly as it may take longer to get where you are going due to multiple stops. The experience alone was worth the ticket as we got to chat with locals who were mostly friendly. This did not get a 5 star rating because some of the bus drivers were not that helpful (while others were great). The cable car alone is $7.00 a ride but is included in the pass. We road the cable car just for fun several times as is it a true SF icon. The cable car drivers are fabulous with great fun personalities.Written March 23, 2019
- I went to see the San Francisco Maritime Historical Park - Hyde Pier area. At this pier is several boats; one of which is the Eureka Steam Ferry.
The Eureka Steam Ferry is a side wheel paddle steamboat built in 1890.
I purchased my admission to tour the Eureka and other boats there.Written February 2, 2020
- My experience was flying into SFO and wanting a simple and seamless transfer to a Knob Hill hotel. I got excellent communication from Bagi, the driver, who was apparently on station from the time we landed. Smooth pickup just outside baggage claim, full assist with luggage, and a professional drive and delivery to my hotel. Vehicle was clean and obviously well tended. Great experience overall.Written July 17, 2023
- We were going to San Francisco so we took Cal Train. its a very good way to get to San Francisco. We enjoyed our train ride.Written December 12, 2020
- I finally found my go to car service company!! My wife booked an SUV to and from SFO and we used Red Star and our driver was Mattheus. He was early both ways, dressed very well and drove slow both ways. That helped my wife and mother in law hugely. Can’t recommended this service or Mattheus more enthusiastically!!Written November 9, 2023
- We decided to go on the spur of the moment and everyone had a blast! We had captain Ryan and he was so much fun! My 8 yo says "out of five stars, ten stars!" My 4 yo got to drive the boat, so idk how we are going to top that for the rest of our vacation 😂. Even the 11 yo had fun. We loved getting so close to the sea lions, the waves, the interesting facts we learned and of course the sights!Written November 20, 2023
- We took the bus for part of our trip in San Francisco so we did not have to repark the car The system works very well. Driver was helpful.Written August 6, 2020
- We were picked up from the SFO airport and transported to our hotel. Everything was Great! Quick pick up at the airport! Excellent and personable driver! We really enjoyed the services of this company...so much so we contracted with them to pick us up at our hotel and drive us to the pier to board our cruise ship. Again...wonderful service, excellent driver! I would HIGHLY recommend this company. Thank You for taking great care of us!Written July 7, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about San Francisco
- These experiences are best for transportation in San Francisco:
- Private Transfer from Cruise Port to San Francisco Airport (SFO)
- San Francisco to Oakland Airport (OAK) Private Departure Transfer
- Private Transfer from San Francisco to SFO
- Private One-way Airport Transfer (San Francisco Airport To/From San Francisco)
- Private Arrival Transfer from San Francisco Airport SFO
- These are the most romantic places for transportation in San Francisco:See more romantic transportation in San Francisco on Tripadvisor