Bus Services • Taxis & Shuttles
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
7 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- We only used it within the park - have to change buses at the visitor center if you want to go outside the park by bus.
Pros: cost is free & convenient; service cuts down on the number of cars in busy spots; carries bikes; runs fairly frequently even if not as often as we wished; if you plan with it in mind, you can use it to get back to your car after a long hike
Cons: can be a long time between buses - we waited 35 minutes; people wear masks but it's by no means socially distancedWritten October 17, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- What luck in finding Woody and his business. We enjoyed an amazing private tour of Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor. Woody shared so many stories and showed us so many sites we would not have heard or seen had we decided on a self guided tour. His love for the area is obvious in his knowledge and enthusiasm of Acadia and the Bar Harbor area. Highly recommended! Jim and Ginger, Springfield, MOWritten November 12, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is an excellent, free service, which we can only hope will remain so. The shuttle enables visitors to reach Acadia National Park without having to drive themselves. This is a real plus considering the number of POVs that seem to be parked in every available open space.Written October 9, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I could not find a taxi to take me to Bangor airport. Lyft and Uber let me down but the amazing Linda showed up in a huge van last minute. Point to Point is an amazing family-run taxi,cab, car service. They saved the day at the last minute. You can’t depend on Uber or Lyft here. Book Point to Point asap you will not be disappointed! Best service on the island. I am so grateful for their great customer service. Thank you guys!!!Written June 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My wife and teenage daughter heard about these new EV run abouts in Bar Harbor and we decided to try them out June 17th. Rain had just left and the skies were clearing as we headed to Bar Harbor at about 6PM. I heard that between 6 and 8 is the best time to take these vehicles out. Less traffic and Yvan chance to see a beautiful sunset. We did just that, taking our four seater EV to Schooner Neck Rd. , back into Bar Harbor and into the Acadia NP using the Deer Brook Rd. I felt the vehicle was safe and had enough power to manage the hilly terrain. Battery power was an issue. We had plenty, but those wishing a longer excursion need be aware. I have heard the cars are being refitted for more battery life and that this will not be as much a concern in the future. The vehicles have open , clear roofs and the doors can be removed, offering outstanding viewing of Acadia's scenery. An affordable experience for the whole family. We liked it and will do it again.Written June 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- What can I say? They were on time both times I used them, friendly and efficient. One negative was the smell of smoke which didn't bother me too much but was unexpected. I tried them after reading some bad reviews of other taxi services and I wasn't disappointed. Cost was $30 from Bar Harbor airport to the town of Bar Harbor, about 12 miles. Not sure how this compares to others. Thanks for the good conversation Richard and Phil.Written September 24, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bar Harbor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly taxis & shuttles in Bar Harbor:
- Acadia National Park Island Explorer Bus
- Bar Harbor Coastal Cab & Tours
- Point2Point Taxi Services & Island Tours