Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Kailua
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Good beach Interesting to see the turtles in the sea, but you could really only see the tops of their shells. Occasionally one would pop its head out, but you had to be quick to see that. Worth seeing, I guess, if you are in the area.Written November 20, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This beach is not easy to get to as there is no designated parking for it however it is nothing short of AMAZING from end to end! The sand is soft like powdered sugar and the water was aqua blue. We drove to most of the major beaches around all of Oahu. Realizing we missed this one, we made it a priority on our last day and was so worth it! Do NOT miss it! Highly suggest a taking in a sunrise here. Note- there are no restrooms.Written December 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was our 3rd and last hike we did in Oahu - we aren't hikers but an OK doing couple in mid 30s - this was the toughest of the 3; it's not the length or the incline that is the difficult part, it's the fact that you always end up going on top of roots, rocks, edges of the two and so on while going up - super easy to slip or fall or worse twist your ankle... take it easy and approach with due seriousness and you will be rewarded with something absolutely amazing - this was our fav one, the color contract of the green vs blue + the bunkers... super fun!
Take some food with you (don't need to mention water....) as a lot of people ended up having their lunch on the top of the pillboxes after they reached them - looked like a genius idea!
TIP: we didn't park at the "entrance" of the hike, but instead we parked about 15m super easy (and actually partially scenic) Kailua Beach Park - free parking, so you don't need to worry that you parked in someone's driveway etc. - afterwards we took a dip into ocean and it was a perfect way to conclude and celebrate our hike! :)Written November 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Shop for the things for your stay! Interact with wonderful artists and small, local growers. It is charming and pleasant. We will go back on the second day later this week! ❤️Written December 7, 2021
- Lovely local beach park with nice waves, more surfy than the other beaches here. Way less crowded, another World from Waikiki. If staying past 6pm park on street not in lot which gets locked promptly at 6pm.Written April 29, 2022
- Very challenging hike. In many places, you will be using ropes to climb. It is doable. We climbed part of the 2nd peak. One of the best views!!Written November 12, 2022
- This was my first waterfall experience. Warning, this hike is not a walk in the park. I did not read any reviews before hiking this and boy was I in for a ride.
Entrance - finding the entrance is a little tricky. It's hidden, right around the corner of a residential neighborhood.
Hike trails - it's easy to get lost. The clues are not that obvious, but we were able to meet some locals who were able to pave the way. This trail is MUDDDY! Make sure you bring proper attire, shoes, and clothing. I slipped and jammed my finger (unfortunately) bringing a first aid kit is a good idea for next time.
Bugs - Lots of bugs, bring a bug spray repellant.
This hike requires getting down and dirty, climbing through boulders, going into the creek to get to the other side, and lots of incline and decline. However, the outcome of this trail is super beautiful! I did not jump off the cliff, but my fiance did. Highly recommend this!Written February 6, 2020
- We visited the brewery after having a nice day in the area so the cold beer and amazing pizza were very welcome! :) try their in house made spirits; the gin in particular was pretty amazing! (and I don't care for gin normally!)
The pizza is made by the food truck right outside of the building - it's a separate business that the brewery is partnering with and you will smell it as soon as you arrive/exit the car. There are some inside tables as well as outside tables facing the street, not for the vistas really but it was nice to enjoy the meal under open air. Beer flights as usual were fun to try, there is something here for everyone!
TIP: parking is street only, pretty limited which isn't helpful :( the big parking lot where the pizza truck stands isn't allowed to the best of my knowledge for the patronsWritten November 9, 2022
- Sweet little place. Lots of brews to choose from, also some ciders and bomb diggety local sodas. Friendly staff and beautiful interior. It has a set up for tabs that is pretty cool too.Written January 4, 2020
- Nice local famers market with mostly, almost all food items. Some booths were under parking garage shade. It was well attended when we went. If you are hungry it is worth stopping.Written July 5, 2021
- This paved path is located at the foot of Koolau Mountain Range. A nice selection of birds can be viewed from this walk.
Can be hot, go early or later. Lacks shade.
Distance is about 1.5miles...3 miles round trip.Written May 21, 2019
- We were looking for little places to go before our plane was scheduled to leave and stumbled upon the Heiau. Heiau are places of worship for the Hawaiians. Some were places of sacrifice. This was in a lovely setting back thru a neighborhood near a YMCA. Parking near the Y. The Heiau itself is now a large pile of rocks, at least to us uninformed people. There is a nice serene area to walk to the right and behind the Heiau with flowers, trees and a small taro pond. Many workers were taking care of the area when we were there. A very pleasant stop. You will not find gift shops or bathrooms here.Written January 25, 2020
- This playground is “Closed” and unfortunately only accessible to the elementary school kids that attend Aikahi school according to their school personnel.
After speaking with Hawaii Department of Education, I was told that the playground is public school property and it’s up to the school’s principal to allow the public on the grounds or close it down. It’s unfortunately not a Community Park, and even though it was voted “Best Playground on Oahu”,they are trying the hardest to keep all children out. That’s a shame!Written September 26, 2020
- I tried doing some research on the Barbie Museum before my trip to Oahu and found out that the proprietor had passed away in 2011. I was still hopeful that someone was carrying on her legacy so I gave them a call when I was in town.
Unfortunately, I was connected with a woman at a liquor store. Apparently thats who has the phone number now. She told me she gets these calls quite often and doesn't know anything about the museum. Bummer.Written September 25, 2013
- Love this market! Awesome people food and live music! Event parking is a plus, and it’s pet friendly. Covered market makes is nice, cool and shady. Plus it’s also covered when it’s raining!
Go check it out, You will enjoy it!Written October 20, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Kailua
- The best day trips from Kailua according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Hawaii Oahu Island Sightseeing & Food Combo Tour
- Kualoa Ranch, Whales, Chocolate Tasting, & Famous beaches, East Shore Adventure
- Full Day Kailua Beach Guided Tour To Mokulua Islands
- Complete Island Tour & Sunrise Photo Experience
- Private luxury Island of Oahu tour
Kailua Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 10:40 PM|